The Perfect Crash..... Booo!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by PUREVIL, Feb 11, 2006.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

God I feel stupid.... of all the things Ive done I cant believe I lowsided tonight. But it was a perfect formula for a crash. I had a day permit good until midnight.... and it was 1130 so I thought shit I better go home. So I leave and ride down a few blocks and stop at the intersection. I pull out lean over give some gas.... oh shit the back starts to slide..... and boom down shes goes. I didn't even give it alot of gas either! I almost caught it but it slide out to far. I've gotten on the gas harder than that before and its never went out so it had to be the cold tires. I feel stupid cuz I wasn't thinking and I shouldn't have been riding anyways its like 30 degrees. In the end I guess Im lucky... minor damage, low speed, Im ok, no traffic, it is the perfect crash. I just feel stupid though cuz I wasnt thinking about my tires I was thinking about making it home on time.

The bike is all cosmetic... and a cracked case. The frame has some scraps but nothing major. Going to have a closer look tomorrow. I already had rearsets on order and again I was lucky because it wasnt the exhaust side. Last time I had a accident was 2 years ago in feb, but that wasn't my fault I got cut off. So Atomlowe and I decided that no more riding in feb. and no more riding for me until its warm at night hahaha.

Im fine, my hip is swore and my knee is scrapped but no blood was drawn. Thank god for gear! So in summary..... 1000cc + cold tires + in a hurry + not in the right frame of mind = crash! Wait until spring guys... trust me.

2. z31maniac

z31maniac *insert witty remark*

You have a permit and you're riding a liter bike?

3. PUREVIL

no no i dont insure my bike year round in canada because its to much money.... 4,000 a year. But its been really nice this last week and I got a 2 day insurance permit so I can go riding. I've been riding for 6 years now.

4. noxxs

noxxs New Member

didnt know they make 2 day permits...crazy canadians. you didnt puncture your bag of milk did you? :big grin:

5. z31maniac

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. Good thing you got the permit then huh?

But glad you didn't get too banged up!

6. PUREVIL

Yea it was such a stupid way to crash but I guess if I have to take a crash its also the best way to crash. Trying to see the brighter side of things here, hahaha. Problem is I went to meet with the insurance people and they are questioning whether the accident happened before 12 am now cuz its so close. I said thats fine, I know the truth and hopefully it will prevail. Im going to have them fix it and move back to the states. :big grin:

7. z31maniac

That sucks that they are being dicks.

8. Dranian

Dranian (..)

if the street is dry and in good condition i find its a good habit to weave/swerve just a bit when you first start out, in the parking lot or down a residential street if theres no traffic, it heats up the tires a bit rather quickly so you don't have to worry as much when you're riding. of course i live in south florida and don't have much of a winter down here, so i dunno if it'd work so well up north.

9. z31maniac

I think BIKE did a test on tire warmth and showed that weaving, especially at slow speeds, doesn't do much to heat up the tire.

Their tests showed that a few hard acceleration and braking runs were much more effective at heating up the tires.

10. PUREVIL

Yup I heard that from serveral racers too. The problem I had was that when it started to slip I let off the gas because in warmer temps it regrips.... when it was cold it didn't regrip it just kept spinning. sucks but thats life, next time i'll know thats for sure.

11. boostdemon

boostdemon New Member

when i bought my 1000RR back in november, i had just paid for it 3 hours prior and i had the guy ride it up to me waiting at a parking lot with a truck ready to load it on from a loading dock.

Well he dipped it coming out of his garage. thank god for frame sliders...mirror got snapped off, some scratches, nothing major. but damn that sucked.

12. z31maniac

^Did he pay to fix it?

13. PUREVIL

Update

After 2 months I got my baby back with a suprisingly lil twist. I'll try and make this short. Insurance in BC is expensive right now its costing me $4000 a year for my 1k with a 10% discount. Now that I had this crash it should go up to a +15% surcharge, which means I may not have been able insure my bike this year or not for the whole season at least. So I go pick her up and they call in an insurance guy to give me another day permit so I can take her home. He asks some questions and I come to find out that I found a little loop hole in the insurance policy. According to him my discount isn't effected at all because my normal policy expired and I was on a temp day permit. So my claim for a complete new left side, engine case, clutch lever, frame, and swing arm only costs me......$300. THATS IT according to him. We called in to the main office and the records dont show any effect to my discounts. HA So I was right this is The Perfect Crash!

Pics to be posted after my rearsets get put on... my new frame sliders are bigger than I thought they would be but looks like they will take a hit. Function over form in this case.

Cliffs: I find loop hole in insurance company, my claim (frame, swing arm, left side, etc) wont effect my main policy at all. New bike for $300 with no reprocussions FTW!

14. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

exact thing happened to and I was out of town. My bike was damage quite a bit cuz it hit the median

15. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

your av :bowdown:

16. mrbill

mrbill New Member

there is no "perfect crash". they all suck. sorry to hear you went down.

17. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

That sucks, guess you gotta be EXTRA careful until your rubber warms up.

New bike for $300 though, not bad at all.

18. PUREVIL

Ya i shouldn't have been riding when its that cold though. I wasn't thinking.

But this weekend a noobie, YES NOOBIE, laid down his 06 GSXR1000. He just took his license like 2 months ago and had a katana 600 that hes been riding since last fall on a learners. I saw him friday buying a 2006 G1k and today he PM'ed me and told me he laid it down. Shit when he left the dealership he was a lil sketchy. Feel bad for the guy but shit Kat 600 to G1k is a huge step.