The paint job on my Dad's new Mercedes looks terrible

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by porsch1909, May 11, 2009.

1. porsch1909

porsch1909 OT Supporter

So my Dad got a brand spanking new E class Mercedes. Went I went to see it with him I said before he buys it to make sure that they give it a full detailing job because there are far far too many spider's webs for a new car.

He got the car and it still looks the same. My Dad says I'm looking at it wrong :hsugh:

Am I wrong to assume that a £40,000 Mercedes with 17 coats of paint should be flawless when new?

I will try and snap some pics later. It has been raining constantly since he got it.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

There should be zero spiderwebs in a new Mercedes since they have the PPG ceramiclear paint. If there are spiderwebs in the paint, then someone has manhandled the car big time.

Honestly though, I wouldn't trust the dealer to remove the swirls. Go to http://autopia.org and find a pro detailer in your area. There are some absolutely outstanding detailers in the UK who post on autopia.

3. porsch1909

porsch1909 OT Supporter

Thanks Scottwax. It's such a beautiful colour. It is from the designo limited edition range and it's not the normal silver or black that you see the mercs in all the time.

It's a rich deep blue/purple. And it just pains me to see it like that!

I don't think my father will fork out the money to pay for a detailing job. He shouldn't really need to! In the showroom every single car had spiders webs on them.

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

17 coats of paint?

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Think about it. What does that tell you?

In general, I find that most dealerships hire complete hacks who haven't the first clue what they're doing. Arm them with some strong compound/polish designed to be effective on ceramiclear, a wool bonnet, and high speed rotary buffer, and you've got yourself a complete mess.