SRS the onset of depression

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Infrastructure, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Infrastructure

Infrastructure New Member

Having come back home from visiting my two younger brothers and my sister in wa state I am now feeling lonely and depressed. My brothers and I get along great, we are all interested in the same things and always used to hang out together when I lived closer to them and the same with my sister. Now being back in az I am hating life, I dont really do anything here other than go to work at a fucking shitty job I hate and then head home and either watch tv or surf the net and I dont really have many friends here either which is why I dont get out and do much. Last few days have really gotten to me, I was used to being around my brothers and sister and doing stuff with them every day and just hanging out and now....nothing, just emptyness and lonelyness. The last few days just thinking about it has brought me to tears. Its so tempting to just quit my job and pack all my shit up and move up there with them. If it was only that easy....no place to stay, financial responsibilites pending with no income and all that shit. So for now I do nothing about it and just continue to lead my shitty life day after day going to a shitty job I hate and then heading home and feeling lonely and depressed

:sadwavey:

2. spectre

spectre New Member

Just find something that you can work for. Instead of doing the same boring thing everyday, if you know exactly where you are right now and where you're headed/goals you can build some confidence. You don't have to be influenced by your surroundings. Take action and influence your surroundings instead. Climb up to a point where you can afford to do anything whether it's moving in with your siblings or just plain doing whatever the fuck you want. Good luck!

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Incorrect.

You can start planning to move closer to your family. Who says a move requires no income, financial burden, etc??? It doesn't have to hurt and it can actually be beneficial to your goals...it just requires planning.

Planning a move requires job search, house/apt search, figuring out all sorts of little details. Sometimes making these plans is just the thing to break that sense of frustration/boredom.