The only situation harder than meeting strangers...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

is when you're in a big group where everyone knows each other except you.

In other words, I'd rather be in a group of 20 strangers than a group of 20 people who all know each other and I only know 1 of them.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing tonight. There's a party at a hookah bar downtown and 20 people are going. I know one of them (the guy hosting it), and he knows everyone else. Most of us used to work for the same company back in the day so there's a commonality, but I still hate that.

It's stacked against you from the beginning. Everyone has report with each other except you. You have to be extra awesome or they ignore you. After all, from their perspective, it's easier to talk to friends with whom you have established report than with some new guy. Social interaction follows the path of least resistance (yeah, I just coined that phrase!).

But that's what it's all about, right? Putting yourself in uncomfortable situations?

Now if only I didn't have a 1.5 hour drive to get there.

Probably won't have much PU practice tonight, at least not at this place. It's most likely going to be us, and the last time I was at this place it was full of really hot middle-eastern chicks, like hot bodies with miniskirts and thigh-highs, but they won't talk to you if you don't know their language, plus the dudes are insanely jealous and overprotective, and I don't feel like getting stabbed.

I really don't even like going out anymore if there won't be a chance for me to talk to chicks, but considering I suck with all strangers, and not just when it comes to PUA, I guess this will be good practice.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  2. Fuck middle eastern chicks, I can't stand them. I wouldn't date one if she was the last woman on earth.

3. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. I was invited by my coworker who knew some of the people there but I knew no one except my colleague. There was probably about 15 people in the group that was there.

However, everyone was quite friendly and sociable and such and passing the hookah pipe around was basically the ice breaker in itself.

And fuck this "you have to be extra awesome" bullshit, who the fuck says that? There's too much effort and energy involved in behaving a certain way to get the attention and draw of others. Granted if you're a complaining negative whiner, then obviously you'd have to put forth some effort to get out of your funk.

I went along to the bar because I had never been to one, so it was a new experience for me. I wasn't so much hung up on the possibility of meeting someone or not; I built good rapport with some girls in the group (it was a balanced ratio) and I know if I saw them again, it would be good times again. We had plenty of smoke, wine/beer, had a few belly dancers spend extra time at our table, etc. It was a good time for all.

Gotta loosen up and just go with the flow.

4. FredBull

FredBull *******

####___####___####___###_ #_______#__#___#_______#
    not really, again way oversimplified and you cut a lot of things out. and nothing against you Falconer but just this whole PUA thing taking over the Vag.

I just moved into a small town where i didn't know anyone and actually every other time it happens that someone from a larger group specifically approaches me (doesn't matter which gender) i.e. in a bar and tries to get to know me. they're checking out whether i'm fun to hang out with / interesting / whatever.

then after a while they "present" me to the crowd as their new friend and basically stay with me for a long while after that. It's a great way for them to get the attention frim their group or just walking over to girls he might know but doesn't quite know how to approach on his own. well hey, here's the new guy, let's go girls play some dart with him. along the game it's easy to find conversation topics since I obviously have stories to tell they don't know and act all excited about whatever the girls say.

just an example to think about :dunno:

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

don't look at it like that.

you are the exciting new guy
    you can fire off your best stories that everyone that knows you is sick of hearing.
    if you meet 1 guy and actually get along, thats a friend which is the greatest thing ever, AND im sure he knows a few girls.

I LOVE these sort of situations. I just throw on my personal "best of" compilation and fly on autopilot till i start finding the fun people and getting a real groove

6. I just got back from the beach and at night we'd meet up in a group, it got bigger each night, all strangers, most came in groupd of two, fucking badass.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Alright, so here's my little report. Overall I had a pretty shitty time. Everyone there used to work at the same company I used to work to, but it was like all these people went to India for a while for work, except for me (I quit my job too early, haha), so that's all they were talking about all night.

"omg, remember in India when..."

"Haha, that's like in India when you and I did..."

I couldn't penetrate this barrier. I would talk to someone about something... someone I knew, even, because I used to work with them, and they'd answer me really quickly and then rejoin the India conversation.

Ok whatever.

Then, the hookah bar closed at like 2am so this one girl who was with us who is Serbian is like "hey, wanna go to a Serbian bar? It's still open." So we're like sure.

OMG.

I had never been to a Serbian bar before. I am not kidding when I tell you that at least 80% of the chicks in there were 8s or better :eek3: Every dude in the place was dressed like an alpha-male player-wannabe. Tight Armani Exchange shirts, expensive watches, and Mercedes. lol.

But, I don't speak Serbian, and I can't do the Serbian dance that everyone there was doing, and I didn't know the words to the songs (in Serbian) so I just kinda sat at the table with my friends and watched all the hot chicks. There were no chicks to talk to, because everyone was dancing. And it wasn't a normal club atmosphere, so I couldn't just go out there and start dancing with them.

Anyway, I guess I learned some stuff tonight. It reinforced my beliefs that, for a guy, looks do not matter.

Also, my friend (the guy who organized the party) got some cute chick's number by asking chode questions like "so, do you have a bf?" He's pretty good-looking, but like I said, that really doesn't matter.

Anyway, it was a pretty bad night, except for seeing all the hot chicks.

8. Ferrari430

Ferrari430 New Member

Looks like you went in there with no expectations, which is good because you still feel like you got something out of it, no?

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

The only things I got out of it were reinforcement of how little game I have, how low my confidence is, and how I basically do nothing to trigger attraction in random women. It was eye-opening, but in a depressing way. Oh, and I also got awesome Turkish food at the restaurant.

10. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Calx

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

What does "Calx?" mean?

Beast, if you were at the Serbian bar with me you would've been a walking hard-on. I have never seen so many gorgeous girls in one place outside of Southern California in my life before.

12. I probably would have.