The ongoing question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Infiltrator, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Active Member

what program(s) allow people to backup the DVD movies they bought? We're talking full backups (all the extras), not just the movie and the ability to store it on one DVD. :dunno: :x:

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I've always used 2 programs. DVD Decryptor to copy the movie to the hard drive and take off the CSS stuff and Pinnacle Instant Copy to compress the movie to fit onto one disc (if needed) and then Instant Copy again to burn it.

I've always read about these programs that can do it all in one mouse click or whatever, but I stick to these programs becuase they work for me.

I'm pretty careless when handling DVD's/CD's so I burn a copy of my originals and use those to watch and keep the original for a backup.

If you go to www.dvdrhelp.com and click on the tools section, you can download these programs. DVD Decryptor is free and you can download a 15 day full trial of Instant Copy.

HTH.

CM.

3. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

If there is a prog to do this, I wouldn't reccomend it. The quality would suck. Movie discs can be up to 9.4GB, while home burnt dvd's can only be 4.7GB.

4. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

you could read his whole post :dunno: