The one relationship that messes up anything from that point on..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by AmCo, Jun 19, 2005.

1. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

Does anyone have that One Relationships that you truly dont recover from and changes you into something different.

Well for me it was my ex and ever since than i believe that i have commiment issues due to the break up. I don't think i will ever be the same after this again. I know all relationship changes us but this one really left its scars and the way i approach relationships now. How has it changed me? I'm probably super picky, sometimes i can be shallow, bitter, anything and everything.

Wondering if anyone has any stories of the "One" just like me.

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

yeah. dated a dude for almost 4 years, broke up with him about a year ago. we never quit talking and he rubs he current "conquests" in my face (sexual photos via email). i have dated several men since him, but nothing compares...ours was the best sex and best fights and the worst relationship ive ever had. it was seriously fucked up, manipluative.

trying to figure out how "normal" relationships go. like i get hurt bc my bf only calls once a day to talk for like 20 min (long distance right now)...and i have to remind myself that thats normal, wheras my ex would call 12x a day and talk for hours and fall asleep on the phone toghether (and be home by 10pm, hed have to aprove clothes, couldnt hang out with guys, etc) .

3. Brian May

Brian May New Member

yep, but my story is long and drawn out.

Psycho manipulative cunt fucked with my head 3 years ago. I'm pretty much over it, but now I'm way too careful when it comes to dating. It's getting to the point where I'm not even bothering anymore. I'd rather be alone than go through that shit again. It's not the right way to be and I know this, but it's just how i am. Do yourself a favor and don't be like me :ugh:

4. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

i dont want to be like that but it seem like evry relationship i try to get myself into i find myself of getting out of it. I feel like i cant trust anyone anymore. I hate being like this but this one person has changed everything i do now.

Drimmie you're right no one should be like us.

The bad part for me is that the relationship wasn't bad or anything. It was long distance and other stuff added on to it. So in the end i guess i made a mistake when i let her go and she never came back :( o wells u can't win them all.

5. Original

Original OT Supporter

My ex turned me into a partial asshole while im still a nice guy. I got tired of putting up with her random arguments :wiggle:

6. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Yeah, went out with a guy after breaking up with my hs sweetheart. It I really thought he was the one, and then we just broke up for no reason, and now we can't even be in the same room together. I was so afraid when I broke up with my bf on fri it would be that bad, but it wasn't. After that "one" relationship you can't help but comparing the rest of your relationships and how you feel to that one relationship.....it sucks.

7. Tornado6

Tornado6 When the wind set down in funnel form and pulled y

Mine is a long story too, but...

It took me about seven years to fully and completely get over a guy that really hurt me. One day it finally dawned on me that what happened was NOT MY FAULT. (Despite everyone who knew him continually saying that it was - even his psycho mother.) Once I let go of that, I was able to get over him pretty quickly. We were only together for about eight months, but it fucked me over for a really long time.

8. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Yeah, every relationship I have had has changed me, or rather, I took what I learned in those relationships and changed myself for what I believe to be the better.

9. swisher59

swisher59 New Member

my exgirlfriend was (and probably still is) a pathological liar and cheater. after her, i've been quite the mysogynist. i'm generally mistrusting and suspicious of women. but that's what seeing my shrink is for.

baggage sucks.

10. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

yea baggage does suck. memories always creep up on you when you least expect it too.

11. Bella

Bella New Member

Yea and two years later it hasnt gotten any better:wtc:

12. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

Yep, the last real relationship I had was over two years ago. Dated guy, got engaged to guy, lost virginity to guy, guy left me for his ex-gf.

Its WAAAAAAAAAAY more drawn out than that, but for the most part that was the scenario.

I haven't been the same since....

13. Seoulmate

Seoulmate New Member

i just broke up w/ my boyfriend of 3 years two weeks ago. i haven't had time to see if that relationship would change how i feel/act in future relationships but it will. i won't be so trusting and won't give my heart away too freely like i did before. i'll probably underestimate how nice a guy can be because my ex was so horrible towards me (emotional, mental, and a little physical abuse). that type of manipulative relationship can make you feel terrible and doubt the possibility of having a healthy one.

14. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

yea same here. people always say time but sometimes time won't fix it.

15. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

so so true. even time can't take away scars.....

16. lauren

lauren Active Member

wow. this thread makes me feal so emo.

17. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

:( I try to keep myself busy and try not to dwell on it too much.

18. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Yes, of course. Three years later for me, and I am still jaded. Oh well though, I am perfectly happy being single.

19. Apothis

Apothis New Member

My first love, in high school, was mine. 3 years I thought I knew her (16-19). It's now been at least 6 years since I last saw her, and my experiences over the years have all pretty much been downhill since. I came out of it a destroyed shell of a person and over the course of several years rebuild and redefined myself. But I certainly wouldn't say that I ever "really" recovered. In every woman since her I just see more of the same BS ..and it's definitely made me a bit jaded.

emo +1

20. Tornado6

Tornado6 When the wind set down in funnel form and pulled y

!!! However !!!

It may have taken me seven years to completely kick the guy out of my head, but life went on during that time. AND I know for sure that what happened with him allowed me to be better prepared to deal with meeting the guy I'm with now. Without all of my past experiences, good and bad, I wouldn't have been in a place to accept his love / our relationship. Time can't erase bad things that have happened to you, but you can use it to grow and change and learn the things you need to know to get yourself to a better place.

Cheer up, Emo kids ;)

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

for those that take forever to get over the SO....have faith. listen to tornado, theres a lot of truth in what was said.

22. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

i had one that ended 2 months ago, and im still not really over her.

i realize that she was a bitch, and that she was a waste of time, but it doesnt help much. havent gotten into a new relationship yet, simply because doing so would mean that it would end in 2 months when i move out to college. Regardless, every potential girl i am comparing to the good things about my ex. and the good things about her were great, and however rare they were, i stuck around for those days that i felt happy with her, despite the majority of the time i was miserable.

23. The Pikey

The Pikey You don't know anything, so don't ask me questions

I dated a girl almost 6 years ago. It was a great relationship until she started taking Prozac...then the sex was a scheduled event and far from exciting. She cheated on me with an ex, and like a fool, I forgave her. Lied a bout a million things in between. Borrowed $900 for her new apartment a few days before she broke up with me, saying I was the only one that would lend her the money (but it didn't occur to her I would not have given her the money if I was going to be crushed 3 days later)...she babbled on about needing a new start and finding herself (typical Oprah/Lifetime channel shit) Said she would pay me back (still no money). Then she dated an ex friend of mine who has a lot of "family money"...they're still together...she's such a trooper.

I actually moved to Vegas for a year just so I wouldn't run into her anymore. Met a girl there who was just as bad and even more selfish (my own fault really), but she reminded me of when I was happy with the previous girl, so I dove in. She was still seeing her ex while we were together. I found out when she didn't sign off on her AOL account on my computer (I'm always signed on)...and I was reading an email I thought was mine.

I have zero trust in women right now. I'm trying to get it back so the next girl I date isn't put through a hell that's not her fault.

I can blame myself for some of the things that I let continue to happen, but do people really have to ask for honesty in relationships now? Shouldn't that be an unwritten pre-requisite?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  24. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

i really wish it was :sad2:

25. JP®

JP® New Member

:werd: