The Official make Movendi's pad stylish

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Movendi, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

You should know my problem by now, if not check out photos and even a VIDEO of my disaster.

FULL GALLERY HERE
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa167/Movendi/room/

Anyway i need ideas, especially theme colours and positioning of furniture. I want my room to have an underground urban feel to it so it'd be a cool hang out place when i'm spinning on my decks and mates come over but also warm and cosy for chicks ;).

I'll be requiring desk(s) to support dj gear and computer + monitor, TV console and possibly small couches and anything else to make the room complete. I need ideas with lighting and how to fully make a chic look with the brickwall. I've got time to do any labour myself.

Some pics so this thread gets your attention:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VIDEO:
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa167/Movendi/room/?action=view&current=MVI_2762.flv

2. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I like the exposed brick, but it seems like the shelves are eating up a lot of space and taking up more room than necessary.

Also, you gotta do something about those dentist office chairs. Do you really need 3 of them?

I'd also suggest painting the wall at the foot of your bed. it'll give you a color to play off of.

Can you do something about that fucking door at your headboard? how about making a headboard out of fabric-wrapped panels to cover it up?

3. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

Haha yes i forgot to mention, i only keep those chairs for the mean time to put hang my clothes for the night. (I hang them in my original bedroom).

Are you talking about the wall with table? :confused: I thought that would give the urban underground look i was going for :dunno:

Yea i was thinking about covering it up with a headboard but i still need to confirm the position of (future) furniture.

I want this to be a social room so people can face each other comfortably, kick back listen to the tunes or play xbox on the tv. I was thinking of putting a hdtv where that beanbag is and use the bed as a couch and have a small couch to the right of the bed forming a right angle against the corner.

Someone suggested to have a 1080p tv that acts both as a TV and pc monitor and put it on where the table is now. But that would leave me with a bare ass corner, where the beanbag is which you won't be able to see the TV from that position.

He also suggested to have a wall mounted frosted glass as support for my decks and PC/TV to visually make the room bigger. :dunno:

4. Bouwnt

Bouwnt choppa choppaaa

agreed on the exposed brick, my friend has a place like that downtown, let me see if i can get some pics of his pad.

5. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i made a picture of how your room should be laid out, but i don't know where it is :sad2:

6. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

:hs:

So far plastering it up doesn't sound bad (the brick around the window) but i have no idea how where to begin :hs:

7. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i kinda like this look :o

[​IMG]

8. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

Hmm... not too sure about that. It probably wouldn't pull off too well in a small room like mine.

Rough resketch? :x: