The Night Gallery

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Olgo Vukyaselv, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Since we're discussing "The Twilight Zone" in another thread, I thought I'd add this. So whatz your favourite "Night Gallery" episode? I personally have two.

The first one would be where the Nazi war criminal has escaped to some South American country. The Mossad, or whoever it is, are about to apprehend him, and he goes to a museum and prays to be taken into a painting to escape. God grants his wish, but the painting he is inserted into is not the one he wanted. You actually catch yourself rooting for the bad guy in this one.

The second is the one with Roddy McDowall and "Portofoy". Fans will know which one I mean. Really, the concept of paintings that change on their own has always terrified me. :eek5:

2. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I used to watch it when I was a kid, but to be honest, I can't remember any episodes.

The show where William Shatner is at the playground being tormented by the kids who bullied him as a child... is that Night Gallery? Or is it Tales From The Darkside or something?

3. Joe_Cool

My bad, that was Ray Bradbury Theater.

4. I forgive you for mistaking things for Ray Bradbury. Ray is , most assuredly, "The Man".

5. Getting a bit off-topic (ha-ha) here, but doesn't the very idea of malevolent forces changing paintings horrify anybody? Like "The Picture of Dorian Gray", only much worse?

6. Joe_Cool

Love that episode. It's the first clip from the series pilot, too.