FRK The new over moderation

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by OakleyTodd, Oct 30, 2006.

1. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

Being a member of several forums, I understand the need for moderation. I come to this form for one reason: to meet and converse with like minded people. Recently I posted a message seeing if anyone wanted to attend a Halloween party with me. Under the new rules, my therad would have probably been locked. I dont think that personal ad type of threads were getting out of hand here, they were rarely posted.

Meeting people that are into the things we are all into is hard enough, and this forum is just one thing that can potentially help us all meet someone that we are compatible with. Another thread I made about putting on a webcam show for anyone intrested would probably have been locked too. If it had, the three FS posters I have put shows on for, wouldnt have been able to sit back and enjoy themselfs on those occasions. And isnt that much worse than a few harmless posts?

So I know my words dont carry much weight on this subject, but I just found it disheartning to see this forum take a turn down a road i have seen many others go. I hope it doesnt suffer the same fate those did.

Just my two cents.

2. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

Actually what I find amusing is that I never really noticed 'personal' ads untill everything started being locked down lol

Though it is hard to moderate forums, so it is important to give them some slack at times too :big grin:...this new moderation was the result of people bitching the other way ;)

so, you see they are in a no-win situation

3. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

they do.

4. TigreTek

looks like we can't win. we let things slide and one group bitches. we start to crack down and another group complains.

5. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I noticed a lot lately. I have not been here for all that long. But it seemed like the majority of the threads being made lately are personal "ads"

6. TigreTek

people should notice that we didn't add it to the long term rules sticky, indicating that it's a temporary measure.

we started enforcing it for the exact reason you're pointing out. they were being created more frequently and we wanted to cut down on it.

things have an ebb and flow to them. most of the time we handle things quietly in the background in an effort to make things run smoothly. a bit of public outcry is to be expected when we suddenly become overt in our moderation.

7. TigreTek

i also take issue with your calling it "over" moderation. if we were nazi modding, i would've just flat out deleted this thread instead of encouraging discussion.

8. TigreTek

on another note, threads offering webcam shows would likely have been left alone under the "new rules". (though i saw that yours was locked and i'm not 100% sure why)

threads requesting them would've been locked with extreme prejudice :mamoru:

9. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

That's always been the way though.

I'm in the camp of thinking that things shouldn't be modded unless it's totally against the rules here(ie insulting, blatant requesting, abusive, illegal, spam). I'm also one who notices locked threads more than non locked threads :)

10. TigreTek

correct, i'm just clarifying.

i can understand what you're saying here and almost all of the time, the mod team works that way. in this specific instance, we saw a trend starting that we thought was taking FS in a direction against its original intended purpose and moved to curb it. things are headed back towards "normal" :mamoru: and we should be done with our more aggressive stance, for now. honestly, this thread is about a day or so late as i think we've already done what we set out to do.

11. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

PM Tigre if you have a question about anything in this forum. he is the most fair and most reasonable mod this entire board has ever seen.

Imho, this forum is not "the new over moderated." If you think that is true you should have seen it before the present mods had it. :eek3:

12. TigreTek

paypal sent. you wanted $25 for that, right?

13. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

14. TigreTek

I'd prefer to take it to PM/email but i'm not afraid of public discussion, provided that it's constructive.

past moderation aside, i can see how our recent flurry of activity can be misconstrued as over-moderation. I still feel that our actions were justified and necessary for the long term health of the subforum. That said, the FS mod team did meet to discuss our current stance and minor tweaks were made. :run:

15. The Repair Man

The Repair Man New Member

I Think the current splurge of moderation was needed. I enjoy an open conversation about all things fs as much as the next user but how many threads were being made with repeat questions or comments or useless threads before the mods did their job. I'd like to extend another thank you to the mod crew here for doing their job, although sometimes as steted before...

"looks like we can't win. we let things slide and one group bitches. we start to crack down and another group complains."

16. TigreTek

i want to shake the hand of the man that said this.

17. The Repair Man

The Repair Man New Member

He's a bad sumbitch, just ask him, he'll tell ya so himself.

18. Bubba Atlantis

LOL....yes, he is fairly good....personally, I think the best route to getting something resolved is GOING TO THE MODS THEMSELVES. I have contacted both Tigre and Hopeless and BOTH have been great. I have made sure to be kind in my pm's, not attacking or anything and they have been kind to respond and carry on a dialect. By creating threads complaining (not saying this was it, as I agree there are a bunch more 'personal ads' of late) you just create defensive mods, who feel like they are being attacked and will react accordingly (sorry, Psych degree acting up again ;)) The best way to get results is to contact them personally. This way you can see why they made the decision they did. Further, to be honest, I think mods would prefer that, I know I always have. Moreover, going above a mods head, complaining the the man in charge, doesn't help either (unless the mod is just not-receptive). It is kind of a slap in the face, saying I can't trust you or you won't do anything. I hate when people contact me on my board about a mods decision. How the hell am I supposed to know why they made the decision they did? Talk to them. Anyway...I could go on and on about this stuff as I have LOTS to say...but no point. Basically, if you have a problem with something, talk to the mods...shit talk to all the mods if you need to....but don't complain on the board as it doesn't result in anything majority of the time (and just makes you look like a whinner :mamoru: ) and don't contact the admins (they have more important stuff to do than listen to people bitch)

There, I did what you asked Tigre, now where is MY money :mamoru:

19. Bubba Atlantis

LOL I should read the entire thread, before posting my comments :hsd:

20. TigreTek

paypal sent. :mamoru:

21. TigreTek

:rofl:

mind you, i'd much rather handle things privately as it keeps people from looking bad. (both the mods and the people complaining) i'm not afraid to discuss it publicly if that's what people feel they need to do, so long as it stays constructive.

22. TigreTek

now, as far as going straight to the admins being perceived as an insult...

yes.

we're here, we've listed numerous ways to contact us and I have repeatedly stated that i'm open to discussion on anything that happens in here. :dunno:

23. TigreTek

bah. your input is still appreciated.

24. hopeleslylonely

hopeleslylonely Moo

same with me. You can ask bubba, he pm'd me this weekend, I was very busy and didn't get a chance to reply, but first thing this morning I replied back to him answering what he had asked of me. I reply to every pm that is sent to me and like Tigre I'd prefer to handle things privatly but i'm not afraid to discuss them publicly as long as it stays positive and constructive.

25. TigreTek

you were a damn good choice as naughty's replacement. i still liked her nudes more than yours though. :love: