The New M5

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by maxlt1, Oct 3, 2003.

1. maxlt1

maxlt1 New Member

I'm getting kinda tired of the new designing decisions BMW has been making lately :greddy: ...So I decided to photochop a pic of the current E39 M5 to create my version of how the E60 M5 should look......what do you guys think?

Original pic:
    [​IMG]

My rendition:
    [​IMG]

-Max

2. Dexteh

Dexteh Guest

eeeevil mothafucka! nice. when im done (i only work on it in english class) ill post my sketches of my plan for what they should do for the new m8... if they ever revive the 8 series.

3. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

I think the new one should look exactly like the old one. I saw one the other week and was like :bowdown: - doesn't look outdated to me. :yum:

4. maxlt1

maxlt1 New Member

Bring it on dude....If we get enough people together maybe we can :slap: BMW and tell them to think before they design :rolleyes:

5. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

Looks mean.

6. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

You don't really have a new design though, it doesn't look to bad, but I honestly don't think it looks as good as the E60.

BMW seems to be the only company to making a competely new look, and if you're not moving forward, you're standing still. Bangle might be a little extreme, but he's getting the job done. :bowdown:
    [​IMG]

7. maxlt1

maxlt1 New Member

Hey, I respect you're opinion, but I'm sure others will agree with me when I say the new Bimmers look like the were designed by Fisher Price. They really go against BMW's age old clean and almost majestic look and make the new cars seem rickety and quite tacky..the pic you posted is a perfect example. The car looks so cheaply put together. And instead of the once assertive looking front end the new 5 looks like that old fruit juicer infomercial dude with those montsrous bushy white eyebrows. :rolleyes: I know under the skin the new 5 is going to be revolutionary but all I'm saying is they could have spent a little more time and put forth a little more effort while keeping in mind the feedback from the consumers when it came to the exterior .

8. Mountain Dude

:confused:

I think they look good, I love the Z4, HUGE imporvement over the Z3, the 7 series has grown on me more and more every day, and the new 5 looks really quite stunning (if you put some decent rims on them). The new look is something that grows on you, rather than something that looks good now, but looks crappy in about 2 years, ei. the Z3.

9. maxlt1

maxlt1 New Member

I totally agree with you there. I used to wince when I first saw the new 7's but now I actually like them more than the previous version. But they are an exception. Plus who wants to buy a car that they'll eventually grow to love...hopefully :ugh: To me, the car should captivate you at first glance...that is the true sign of an exceptional design.

10. Mountain Dude

Not neccessarily <--(sp :o ), they aren't always as timeless as a car that slowly grows on you.

11. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Grrr!

Reminds me somewhat of Holden styling.

12. Dexteh

Dexteh Guest

so it does... i kinda like the new m5 anyways, the design really grew on my, like you said. must admit the first time i sw the z4 driving around i was like :eek3: but after my first ride in one it was like :bowdown:

i hope its the same with the M5...

13. maxlt1

maxlt1 New Member

So do I man. :x:

14. FryingPan

FryingPan Certified Thread Killer

I really like the Z4 now, except the base 2.5 liter models with the tiny ass 16" wheels and 215/65 tires. :ugh: Slap the optional 18's on there and then it looks good. Otherwise, it's disproportionate and awkward.

15. Mountain Dude

Yeah, I'm most disapointed with BMW's new choice for wheels and tires for the new models, I've felt they always made great rims, but now its hard to look at them, and it really affects how the car looks.

16. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

Is it just me, or is there waaaaay too much metal between the fenderwells and the bottom of the windows? The car just seems sort of overweight and deformed to me. The headlights are whack, the bumper ducts / openings don't flow or match anything on the front of the car, and the c pillars......ack. Bangle should be led gently to the street and killed.

17. maxlt1

maxlt1 New Member

Amen to that brother! :bigok:

18. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

wtf??? have you even seen any of the new nissans? they are going in a dif. difrection as well with all of their models. (porsche also looks like they are going retro with the circle headlights again)

19. $entenza

$entenza Saudade, Beco.

Bangkok, Thailand - Lausanne, Switzerland
    i dunno.. the bangles designs aren't of my taste... cept the new 7 series..

20. maxlt1

maxlt1 New Member

21. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

Only thing I like on the new 5er are the horns. Everything else--eyebrows, raised boot, flame surface, etc--suck.