the new f350's

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by holy diver, May 29, 2005.

1. holy diver

holy diver OT Supporter

2. Dr. Pnutz

Dr. Pnutz Guest

they always kicked ass

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I have found many many many quality control issues with the new superdutys. Disheartening because I respect their new tranny and I love the styling. I may eventually buy one, but I will surely have to inspect it before taking delivery, and all the local dealers don't have what I want... And considering the many QC issues I've seen, I'm sure as hell not going to do a "locate" and hope it comes in okay.

If anyone was wondering what I mean, if you go to your dealer and pop a few hoods, they will all have QC issues, and they all vary between trucks. I feel you should be able to pop some hoods on similarly-configured trucks, and have the SAME stuff. With ford, there's always a few things missing, and a few things extra, and they never match. It's the inconsistancy that bothers me. I found rubber bands left on the ABS lines (obviously from the factory, because once you screw in the ABS lines, you'd have to cut the band to remove it) along with wire looms and bundles that were missing electrical tape, and tie downs, along with random plastic clips that were either missing, or extra. Most of this stuff should have been a simple, "oh this is extra, cut it off", or, "oh this should be here and it isn't... put one on". But they didn't do it. And if there's all this inconsistancy in plain-sight... Then who knows whats missing where it really counts!

But I know they're good trucks, so as I said, I'll still probably end up with one. But we'll see what the 06 duramax brings. Supposedly a 6-speed auto :yum:

4. showstopper2

showstopper2 Guest

why be so picky about rubber bands and electrical tape? these vehicles are american made so what do you expect? US workers are overpaid and lazy! as long as the powertrain in the vehicle is good and the body is assembled well who cares about the show car details....

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Because when I went to the local Chevy dealer all their trucks had good fit and finish -- even under the hood. Because I think that quality issues outside that are easily visible are only indications of what you can't see.

6. Jumpem

Jumpem OT Supporter

:werd: