The New 2006 Polo GTi [56k meh]

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Redline Racer, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

Ok, so most of you guys in North-America will probably never see this car. But as it's kind of cool, and a true-Euro I thought I would share. Set to be unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show with sales starting early next year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically, VW have produced a miniature version of the new Golf GTi. Uses that ever present 1.8T motor kicking out 150bhp which results in 0-60 in an almost disappointing 8.2seconds and a top-speed of 134mph.

It's nice, but I think I would take the Golf.

More info: http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051005.001

2. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Fuck I wish the Golfs were actually Polo's.

How much do they weigh? Any idea? That shit is dirt slow, but nothing an ecu flash couldn't fix. :naughty:

3. Bassheadjazz03

Bassheadjazz03 OT Supporter

GT30R ftw Those tails are pretty bad, but I love the rest of it..

4. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

Full technical specs aren't out yet. However this is very much the same car as the Seat Ibiza FR so I would estimate kerb weight to be around 1200Kg (roughly 2'700 lbs).

VW have obviously pegged back the performance to keep it out of direct competition with the Golf, and also other similar products in the VAG stable. As noted it shares almost everything except bodywork with the Seat Ibiza FR, and then there's other ones like the Skoda Fabia vRS.

It's not that much quicker than my 2001 Polo GTi either, so I doubt I would consider trading in. Wouldn't mind a drive just to see what it's like though.

5. Thayne

Thayne TRANCE/420 Crew

Not diggin the tail lights. Other than that I think it looks really good. The interior is really nice.