MMA The most Laughable article EVER???

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by A-NON-A, Jul 5, 2008.

1. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

So I picked up the newest FIGHT! issue and it has the headline ....

CUNG LE
    Can he Beat Anderson Silva?

:rofl::greddy:

I actually like Cung Le , but he shouldnt have even beaten Shamrock if Frank would have been smart.

Journalism like this is so rediculous.

2. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

i think it would make for an interesting fight. I think it really depends. Cung has an outside fighting style that revolves a lot around his kicks. I think he could give anderson a hard time. Not sure if he could beat him though.

3. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

No way, Anderson would overwhelm Cung with strikes so fast it'd be ridiculous. All he'd be able to do is throw push kicks and shit to keep Anderson out of Clinch/devastation range, but they wouldn't be enough to save him.

4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

thing about cung is that his style throws people off. I can see anderson beating him but it wouldnt be in the first or secound round. between those guys it would be a chess match. I can see anderson winning but he would have to find a way to close distance on cung le. Also you guys are forgeting what made cung le famous. When ever he would get into some trouble in sanshou he would throw his opponent either with uproots or with his scissor body take down.

Cung le has a lot more weapons then he uses in mma. I think it would be a good match.

5. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

True, i remember him doing some really sick takedowns during Sanshou competition. It's ridiculous to think that he's fought 6 MMA fights now and I can't remember anyone grabbing a hold of cung or taking him down..Then again i didnt see his fight with Sammy Morgan cuz i heard it was terrible. Think im gonna check that out now.

6. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Cungs good Id like to see the fight.

7. Beepsandbuzzes

Beepsandbuzzes New Member

How is that even funny, letalone the "most laughable article ever"? If Cung Lee was in the UFC he would be a serious contender for a title fight without a doubt.

Also I don't know what you mean by saying he shouldn't have beaten Shamrock. That was his coming of age fight, proving that he can beat real fighters, and not only B grade competition. You think Shamrock had a bad gameplan, who gives a shit, the same could be said in 11ty other fights where the favourite lost to an underdog. He beat Shamrock fair and square.

I think Cung Le is an awesome fighter and entertainer. Yeah of course against Silva he'd be an underdog, every middleweight on the planet would be an underdog vs Silva at the moment, but Cung Le would be up there among the guys who I'd give a decent shot at him.

8. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

It's not laughable, but, as to Cung Le's skills in MMA, I dunno if he would stand a chance against Silva.

He's only fought cans in MMA, up until Shamrock, and Shamrock stood and banged with him, never doing any work on the ground. He wanted to beat Cung Le at his own game and came away without a belt. If Shamrock fought with his full range and arsenal, I think it would have been a different outcome.

That being said, I really like Cung Le. He is very entertaining and seems like a humble, cool dude.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

agreed and most of the people who are calling him suspect are forgetting that he has proven himself before MMA as a striker with a nice long career. He has beaten guys like shonie carter in sanshou. Cung Le has a good striking game and good weapons. I think he would give anderson a hard time.

10. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Read the article about how Frank Shamrock is pfp the best fighter in the world (writen before the fight with cung le). Its good for a laugh, too.

11. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

In theory it's an interesting matchup. Cung has great striking, and his wrestling is better than Anderson's.

However, Anderson has a proven record and seasoned MMA striking, and most tellingly, he possesses the knockout power = Cung goes to sleep.

12. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

So was Dan Henderson's :squint:

I like Cung Le and have gone up to HP Pavillion twice to see him fight Strikeforce fights.... he wouldnt stand a chance against Silva. He might make for an interesting fight with Franklin though :cool:

13. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

6 wins, 6 KO's

Not bad....Shamrocks pretty good

14. whup

I'm not sure what your point is. My point was that his wrestling is better than Anderson's, which means he can keep it on the feet where he has the best and only chance. This has no relevance to the Henderson fight (especially seeing as he didn't out-wrestle Hendo).

15. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

He may not have out-wrestled Hendo but he did nuetralize it after a couple minutes into the first round. Dan should of stuck with it but whatever. My point was I believe Dan has way more game on the ground than Cung Le.....

Silva>>>>Cung le

16. whup

You don't make any sense. Especially seeing as I've already said Anderson knocks out Cung Le.

Your point can't have anything to do with Henderson's ground game because up until now we've only been talking about the wrestling.

:nuts:

17. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Your right... My reading comprehension is greatly diminished while chasing my 2 year old son around and making breakfast. I did not read what you wrote correctly :fawk:

18. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I'm in the same boat, I really like Cung Le, but I don't think he's ready for Silva yet.

19. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

silva by broken facebone