The morality of this situation?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mugen92GS-R, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

I'll keep it short. Met this girl who turns 17 in a little over a month. I turn 23 in January. She's absolutely everything I want in a girl; extremely smart, spunky, mature, but not too mature (i.e. boring), sexy, funny... you name it. We always have an awesome time together... doesn't hurt that she's cute as hell either.

Some of my friends are looking down on this. At the moment, we're just 'dating', but I could really see us getting in to something serious, and I would actually LIKE that... a lot.

Age of consent in my state is 17 if you're over 21, so I already decided we're not going to sex it up until after (or on :kdubb:) her birthday just to be safe, so legality issues aside, what are your thoughts?

And I've been single for almost 3.5 years. Not because I can't get ass or etc, but just because every girl I meet doesn't interest me :hs:, but this girl is amazing.

Thoughts?

2. alo816

alo816 New Member

Ask her parents what they think....lol

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

not gonna talk about morality...but I will give you something to think about.

How much did you change between the agesof 17 and 23?

That 17 year old who is perfect now WILL NOT be the same person in a few years.

4. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

17 vs 23

I think you're attracted to something besides her "smart, spunky, mature, but not too mature (i.e. boring), sexy, funny... you name it. "

Maybe the power dynamic there with you being 23 and her being in high school?

Morality is relative.

I wouldn't say it's immoral, but just misunderstood.

Most guys who like younger girls resent the fact that girls their age or older hold too much power/authority over them.

5. fray

fray New Member

this creeped me...not that i thought it was a great plan to begin with...

6. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

just keep dating her. not because she isn't worth your time or anything, because she's probably great.

but like someone else said, girls that age are no where near ready to commit to something serious. they're gonna change so much in the next 3-4 years that the drama will just not be worth it.

keep it casual but don't get too involved.

7. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

trust me, I would love to be able to fuck a hot 17 year old girl again

BUT

the difference in age at that point in life is just too great, it's being looked down upon because it's creepy, borderline illegal, most likely has no future, etc.

8. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i think its great :wavey:

9. AlliMae13

AlliMae13 New Member

Like people have been saying, people change alot especially from 17-about 22-23...Im 20 and I am Nothing like I was back when I was 17.

I dont think its wrong to date someone younger than you, but be prepared for her to change over the years IF your relationship with her lasts that long.

10. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

We hung out again tonight and had another amazing time. And yeah, I understand she's going to change as she gets older, but it may not be for the worse either. At this point, she's just too amazing for me to pass up 'in case she changes and it doesn't work out'.

Thanks for all the replies and your thoughts... I just can't let this one pass me by.

11. NCS

NCS Active Member

just dont expect it to last

12. nx2vgt

nx2vgt New Member

she is going to change alot /thread

13. Fernando

Fernando New Member

you won't be able to mold her in your own image if that's what you're thinking, just enjoy it while it lasts and don't get emotionally involved with her.

14. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

15. lauren

lauren Active Member

eh, that's pushing it. 16, can she even drive?

this coming from someone who has a significant age gap in her own relationship.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Weird, these were the exact things I was thinking about.

Do whatever man, I doubt you'll last in the long run anyhow, so at least get your kicks where you can.

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

shes 16, you are 23. you are also pathetic :)

18. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

19. idesofmarch

idesofmarch New Member

I know this one 17year old who is dating some 23 y/o guy. He professed his love to her in like 2 weeks and now wants her to move in with him and have his babies. :ugh:

20. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

I feel weird seeing 18 year old (oct 89) in college and you are dating a 16 year old? :ugh:

That is a little too odd. have fun if you want, but dont expect anything.

21. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

I think you're bored of the people more relative to your age and you're trying to hold onto that fun-happy-go-lucky kind of attitude someone that who is 17 may have. Point is, while you're not that much older, each of you are at different points in your lives.

And you said it was 'dating', so I going to assume you two are simply hanging out, not really dating as one might think. I think BlackIce72 was accurate that there is something else besides what you listed that attracts you to her. A lot of guys your age put a lot of weight on being able to pull a young girl (like it's an accomplishment when it's really much easier than you think), so that could be a possibility. Or that you are this Mr. Big Time on Campus guy who has this younger girl in your pocket (or would like her to be).

Consent is conset, so that part, I really don't care about. By law, she's of age to make those kind of decisions.

If you end up seeing this girl long-term, you're going to face a lot of pressure, not only by your/her friends, but the parents. You think you're going to keep that shit a secret or on the low for very long? Not likely. I think one would have to be 100% diehard for this girl to have to go through these additional obstacles and make it work.

But I am just probably repeating what has already been said.

22. IRTEHGOD

IRTEHGOD New Member

Eh, even though the law might state age of consent, it's so that you don't get arrested if the cops find out. The parents CAN still press charges on you if you have sex with her before she turns 18.

23. lelenaz

lelenaz New Member

I definitely agree with the common opinion here that she is definitely going to change A LOT over time because she is so young. When I look back to when I was 17 and now (23) I honestly am a completely different person. In all fairness I would say go for it and pursue the relationship and see where it goes, but don't bank on it lasting forever.

24. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

Very Immoral. The difference in maturity at those two ages is huge. She will change alot, you guys will have different goals. If you do stick with it, it will not last. Why waste the time?

25. Binzes

Binzes New Member

fuckin dawt