MIL The Military Channel v. "Gunner Palace"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

:bowdown:

I salute all of you over there. I dont know what its like first hand, but I truely want you to know that I respect you for what you are doing. I just watched 2 hours of first hand footage of the everyday activities of the marines and army soldiers who had to go out and find insurgents. They were staying in Udays Palace, I dont know the name of it, but they call it Gunner Palace.

Little Excerpt:

A wired 155mm arty shell explodes next to a HMMWV wounding one of the soldiers. One Warine had this to say about it.

"Part of our 87 billion dollar budget provided for us to have this secondary armor to put on top of our thin skinned Humvees. Its made in Iraq and is high quality...metal. (Made from scrap found in Iraq) And it will probably slow down the shrapnel...so that it stays in your body...instead of going clean through it."
    Mean while his buddies are rolling around on the ground laughing their asses off.

Anyone watch it or know anyone whos stationed there?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  2. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Uday's palace? The one we killed him in?
    That would be the JDAM palace.

JDAM bomb > that palace :mamoru:

3. Ghostrider4450

Joint Direct Attack Munitions > *

:naughty:

4. Ghostrider4450

No one watched it?

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

I couldn't get into it. It wasn't realistic. The film covers 2 months worth of patrols and not a single shot was fired towards the enemy. It was to much propaganda and not enough of the truth. And they were Army soldiers not Marines.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  6. Ghostrider4450

Yeah I figured that out after watching it a second time. But still, it was worth watching.

7. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

i was in iraq for 6 1/2 months...my job was to provide security for EOD while they disarmed IED's that patrolling units / convoys had found. a lot of them were in pretty active cities, and not once did we get fired at, or shoot at an enemy (escelations of force in which we shot up cars however) we did have some IED's go off on us however. but the days of the insurgents comming out and fighting are over for the most part, bunch of cowards.

8. Ghostrider4450

Yeah now they have all these foreign people coming in, volenteering to blow themselves up. So its no wonder why there have been a huge increase in VBIEDs, damn Iraqi insurgents get somone else to do it. That or they hold a family at gunpoint, untill the oldest son or father decides to blow themselves away in a car bomb.

9. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

They were on active patrols in one of the most hostile parts of Iraq. Numerous times during the filming the receiving incoming rounds, and you could hear firefights off camera. Due to their mission I seriously doubt they went 45 days without a fire fight.