The Matrix Trilogy is about a second genesis,

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ChowYunSkinny, Nov 13, 2003.

1. ChowYunSkinny

ChowYunSkinny You no help me now...I say **** you Jobu. I do it

not just a simple story with action, kung fu, computers, and some cheesy lines. It is a whole lot bigger than that. You may not realize it now, but that's what I believe the Wachowski Brothers' vision to be.

The best interpretations about Reloaded and Revolutions IMO are located here:

http://webpages.charter.net/btakle/matrix_reloaded.html
    http://webpages.charter.net/btakle/matrix_revolutions.html

I don't agree with all of it, but I agree with most of it. This is a better foundation to me than the post where the guy said the cookie/candy was an upload/upgrade - I think this explanation makes more sense.

Also, personally I think Sati is the next "The One" because:

She was born out of love within the Matrix
    She was saved from deletion by the Oracle(indirectly) and the Oracle and Seraph protect her
    She was able to manipulate the code of the Matrix when she made the sun for Neo
    After all the Smiths are eradicated from the pods(people jacked into the Matrix unknowingly) you see Sati laying on the ground and a black cat walks by her, which I believe harkens back to the deja vu scene in the first movie and you see the Matrix getting repaired, indicating a new beginning

2. Skyre

Skyre Guest

All I know is the third movie was pretty good...except for the WEAK ASS ending. I seriously envisioned the entire thing being wrapped up with Morpheus saying "...it's now time for us to use our ultimate weapon..." then launching a rocket that cleared up the sky. Then it zooms in on Trinity and Neo standing there watching the sky clear and the humans and machines decide to rebuild the planet and live in harmony. But NOOOOOOOOOO. They had to do this little philosophical ending with the little girl and the new Oracle and blah blah blah blah blah blah. Reloaded>(slightly)The Matrix>(infinite magnitudes)Revolutions.

3. *Don't even get me started on this. You're wrong.
    Her mother and father were machines from the machine city that learned to love..and so, created another machine...out of love (just like when to people love each other they fuck and have a kid)...and that new machine (the first machine made through love (and therefore; without a real purpose) was Sati. The mother and father didn't want her to be "deleated" and so throught he Oracle, made a deal with the Mirovingian to "save" Sati. Since the Mirovingian can control the trainman who can take machines from the machine mainframe (the source) to the Matrix. (it is for this reason that Sati's father Rama Kandra can be seen briefly in Reloaded, at the Mirovingians restaurant...he has just finished making the deal with the Mirovingian...and this ultimately causes the Oracle to almost be destroyed..thus the new skin or 'shell'....which they don't FULLY explain but can be understood nonetheless [actually they explain it a little better in the 'Enter the Matrix' video game].

Anyway...my take on the whole thing is that in the end, Sati is given a purpose...and that purpose is to control the rising and setting (along with, presumably, the brightness, intensity, colour and/or hue), of the sun.

4. Grouch

Grouch Guest

fucking talk about B movie gay. :rolleyes:

5. ChowYunSkinny

Well, that's a possibility. Thinking about it some more maybe she's not the next "The One", maybe she is just another "potential" like the bald girl in the first Matrix that tells Neo about the spoon and the girls that were moving around the blocks.

6. ChowYunSkinny

Oops, I didn't see the reply to the first thing I wrote until now. I get your sarcasm and agree, but alot of people don't realize that's what the movies are about. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm just trying to have a thread that starts with someone saying what I said instead of it getting buried on page 3 of some other thread in reply to something like "this movie sucked, it had cheesy lines and the CGI was too fake".

7. ChowYunSkinny

Read the two interpretations above of the Reloaded and Revolutions then watch Revolutions again and tell me what you think. If you think the same way as you do above, I'll wager that you realize what the story is about but don't really care.

8. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit The Next Step of Human Evolution

The young girl program was created by machines from machine city who fell in love? Are you sure about that?

9. AsianRage

AsianRage Know about Media Ventures?

Did you watch the movie? It couldn't have been more sure.

10. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

"Love is just a word, it's the connection that's important."