The Matrix > Reloaded > Revolutions

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by RBBB, Nov 9, 2003.

1. RBBB

RBBB New Member

So all that time, spent thinking about the who what where and whys of Reloaded was a complete waste, because they decided to pussyfy the equation by a divide by zero error? WTF?

Huge dissapointment. :(

2. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Huge dissapointment.

:werd:

3. dazmanultra

dazmanultra New Member

4. seraph

seraph Guest

yea i was like well its ok. all my questions will soon be answered in revolutions. so i wasnt so disappointed by reloaded.

but now i dont know which movie to blame for ruining the trilogy, reloaded for raising so many questions or revolutions for not fucking answering them.

5. AsianRage

AsianRage Know about Media Ventures?

Matrix 01 > 03 > 02

6. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

Comprehension--> :slap: <--You

Obviously you were either stoned through all 3 movies, or your just an idiot, which is it? It wasn't a divide by 0 error, you've been reading too many thread by idiots who completely missed the point of all 3 movies.

At the end of the first movie, when Neo lept into Smith then busted out of him, Smith dissapeared. When he came back in the second movie, he was a rogue program. As they said, "All programs must return to the source to be deleted, or they become rogue programs wandering through the system." Smith didn't want to be deleted or assimilated, so he became a rogue program. The matrix no longer had a direct link or connection to him (he gives Neo the earpiece 1. because he can't use it anymore, as he's not connected to the matrix, and 2. because it's a symbol of his freedom). Since the matrix is no longer connected to Smith directly, it can't remotely terminate him once he starts to go apeshit. Neo makes a deal with the machines to kill Smith, but at the end of the fight with him, he realizes that he can't defeat all of them, so he lets Smith assimilate him, knowing full well that since he is jacked in at the Source, the Source now has a direct link to Smith, thereby being able to delete him.

You get it now?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2003
  7. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

8. RBBB

RBBB New Member

STFU

1) 99% of the human population was jacked into the matrix and perfectly happy with it.

2) 1% of the human population lived in Zion

3) Neo was in essence a very gifted hacker.

4) Smith was created to balance Neo to keep control (one of many attempts).

5) What happened to the spoon in the 2nd movie?

6) Once Neo and Smith cancelled themselves out, everything was back to being a happy prozac world. Humans still live in a hole, and can be killed off easily by machines.

7) Neo could have done more damage fighting against the machines when they drilled into Zion.

8) Trinity went out like a putz.

9) The entire plot was spoon fed to us in #3, it was a very mindless movie.

Your stupid "You just didn't get it" arugment may have worked for #2, but #3 flat out sucked, and was just a big commercial for Matrix Online. I didn't read anything in other message boards, I saw the movie, rolled it over a few times in my mind and then posted here. It looks like the majority of people agree with me everywhere I go, but there are die hard asshats out there who think they are defending Matrix by kissing the W brother's asses. Get the fuck out of my thread bitch.

9. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

1) 99% of the human population was jacked into the matrix and perfectly happy with it.

How can they be happy with it, if they don't know it exists?

2) 1% of the human population lived in Zion

and?

3) Neo was in essence a very gifted hacker.

So was Trinity, and almost all of Zion.

4) Smith was created to balance Neo to keep control (one of many attempts).

No, Smith was losing it before Neo flew into him. Smith became the negative of Neo. When Neo destroyed Smith, Smith's hatred of Neo and humans in general prevented him from returning to the source, and Smith became an exile. Smith got powerful enough to where Neo had a bargining chip with the Mainframe.

5) What happened to the spoon in the 2nd movie?

It was just a regular spoon, the bald girl had been freed.

6) Once Neo and Smith cancelled themselves out, everything was back to being a happy prozac world. Humans still live in a hole, and can be killed off easily by machines.

But there's a big difference. There are no agents looking for people wanting out. If people chose to leave, the machines won't hunt them down. And in the real world, they dont' have to hide from sentinels.

7) Neo could have done more damage fighting against the machines when they drilled into Zion.

No he couldn't. He wasn't powerful enough to stop all those machines. When he detonated the bombs on the way to the city, that just about drained him. He couldn't stop the sentinels climbing on the ship.

8) Trinity went out like a putz.

opinion

9) The entire plot was spoon fed to us in #3, it was a very mindless movie.

Not mindless. Just like the second, people came in with extremely high expectations. When you do that, you're set up for disappointment. The reason the first Matrix was so good was that people weren't expecting it. Before it was released, there was no real fanfare about it. Nobody had a clue as to what it was about. It was a sleeper hit.

The ending fit in with what Revolutions set up. People came up with off-the-wall theories that suddenly people were expecting some kind of twist. And they got one. Neo returned to the source, the orcale was setting everyone up, and it had a happy, yet tragic ending.

Not only that, but as you said, it set up not only for Matrixonline, but books, spinoffs, stories- you name it. They left it open for fans to keep the story alive. Had they closed it, then it would fade away to obscurity in no time.

10. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

If you want my responses to your pathetic list, see TurboDSM's post, he pretty much summed it up. Otherwise:

I've admitted that #3 was a disappointment in that the expectations were unattainable, no suprise there. When I said, "you've been reading too many thread by idiots who completely missed the point of all 3 movies," I was referring to all the asinine threads on THIS board, I don't give a shit where you travel on the net.

My entire post was simply to illustrate that your "divide by zero error" theory was ill-conceived, as well as ill-informed. Had you bothered to pay attention, the whole thing was explained, and you my friend, missed the point. It's not my problem that you missed the point, people are free to be idiots, and hopefully darwin will get you too eventually. The problem I have is when you spread unenlighted and downright wrong information, under the presumption that you are correct. I'm not riding the W brothers sack, personally I was kinda pissed about the ending, or lack thereof, but the fact remains, whether it be a comedy, a drama, or even the fucking matrix, if you fuck up the facts, someone is gonna notice.

Get it right, then :repost: you fucking lemming :rolleyes:

11. RBBB

RBBB New Member

You're an idiot. Neo didn't go back to the source, that was one of the obsticals in the 2nd movie, completely non related to his merging with Smith. The only one not getting it here is you.

[​IMG]

12. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

:slap:

What the FUCK do you think he did at the end :rofl:

did you not see him turn orange? did not not notice he was wired to the mainframe?

don't call people idiots when you're clueless yourself.

13. RBBB

RBBB New Member

I saw him become absorbed by Smith, all the Smiths blow up and everyone that the Smiths assimlated become normal again.

1 Neo + -1 Smith = 0

Going back to the source was a choice in the 2nd movie, resolving the equation was the choice in the last movie.

14. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Actually, all the people who were changed into Smith's were killed. When the architect says that all those who want out will be set free. I think he was refering to the exiled programs. If you notice, when the matrix goes back to 'normal', after Smith is destroyed, where are all the people? why are the only people you see programs? because everyone else is dead. The matrix will need to be restarted with the babies that were being grown in the real world. (at least this is was me and all my friends got out of it).

15. Devine_Evil

Devine_Evil Guest

I personally was totally disappointed in the ending. I thought they dragged it out too long, espically the final scene between the Oracle and the Architect. When the Mainframe laid Neo down and kinda carried him away in all his glorious firey orange color, that's when the movie shoulda ended and they coulda done a voice over between the Oracle and Architect. THAT woulda made much more sense to me.

But other than that, i thought the movie rawked. my SO said that it had the best shitties ending ever so I kinda went into the theater trying my best to be impartial and slightl yover anxious to see the big and final fight seen between Mr. Anderson and Agent Smith at the end (they gave a teaser of it on Letterman). And I was disappointed that Trin and Neo got killed off..

Just once i'd like to see a Trilogy where the main characters survive!!

16. Bryan

Bryan OT Supporter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Siiiiiingin' in the raaaaaain!

17. dazmanultra

dazmanultra New Member

Matrix Revolutions was a huge disapointment - simply because there were no plot twists. It was just completely straightforward. Matrix Reloaded planted all these thoughts into your brain - "what could possibly happen in 3?", "OMG how are they going to survive?". In the end, Revolutions was just a complete cop-out. Hardly imaginative, in any sense of the word.

18. RBBB

RBBB New Member

:werd: