The Matrix Reloaded = Huge disapointment + shitty action movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by antihero, May 19, 2003.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

ive basically come to the conclusion that reloaded completely threw sci-fi continuity out the window. They basically made really lame computer puns (backdoors :rolleyes: , vapires/werewolves/ghost :ugh2: ) to avoid having to explain things. The psuedo intelectual conversation with 'the architecht' was just someone rambling using intentionally obtuse diction. The entire concept of "backdoors" was worthless. if they had taken them out, nothing worthwhile would have been lost. the retarded computer analogies made me want to bang my head with the claw end of a big hammer.

the matrix reloaded was one of the biggest disapointments in recent times. it was a mediocre action driven blow-things-up film, with sub par special effects, shitty fighting, and nothing really unique.

anyone care to try to stand up for this peice of trash?

how many times can neo save the day at the last possible second?

how easy is it for a crown vic to ram a ducatti from behind... i mean did no one learn from the ridiculous bmw 3 series vs the world in gone in 60 seconds? How shitty did the most expensive chase scene in history (not sure about this but thats what i heard) with the 40 foot tall wall and the cheesy sky? ugh, i could go on about the car chase scene forever, so lets just say it sucked ass and leave it at that.

the whole keymaker/vampire/'old program' sub plot was completely ridiculous, and an obvious time burner. The plot progressed nowhere, they just burned time like mad. if the whole keymaker thing hadnt come up, how little would be different for ommitting that THIRD of the movie?

basically this movie came accross as a mediocre film pandering to the masses. The first film was a brave new work with groundbreaking cinematography, special effects, a great plot that both keep your interest and still leave it possible to suspend disbelief.

How many building infiltrations are really necesary? the first one was better anyway.

The fight scene with the smiths and neo... poorly filmed compared to the first film. didnt look sureal, amazing, or special, it looked like a guy who doesnt know kung fu faking it, while tied to a rope that lets him jump extra high and do flips in the air. The character of smith could have been really interesting, but they went nowhere with it... i guess thats going to be the third movie :rolleyes:

basically the matrix reloaded stole EVERY really really bad george lucas idea and used it almost as bad as possible. WHAT the FUCK with that 15 minute crowd dancing/neo trinity sex/boob shots part? that was worse then fucking ewoks. wtf with that kid that followed neo around.. i mean i thought maybe the spoon would have some significance, but NO. complete fluff.

and a last small quible or two- I realize that the trinity falling shot was the ONLY decent peice of cool filming in the whole movie, but how many times do you need to show it?

did anyone else find the bullet trails in matrix 1 WAY better then the bullet trails in reloaded?

2. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

after reading you're post I've come to the conclusion you

1) went to the movie expecting god himself directing it

2) you're a complete fucking moron who didn't understand the plot

3. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Read the current 11 page thread and then come back to this dribble.

4. DefBringer

DefBringer Guest

I watched the original movie last night for the first time in years and have to agree that it is, heads and shoulders, a much superior film than the sequel.

Reloaded put the effects first and the story last.

5. Supaboom

Supaboom everyday i'm hustlin

:werd: just about to say that, this guy obviously missed alot in this movie.

6. frinky23

frinky23 Bangle Sackrider

Agreed.

7. pimphat

pimphat hmmm

I thought it was very good. However, I can't help but wonder if it would have been better if they cut the budget significantly. The two or so main action scene in the first movie had more of an impression than the many in this movie.

8. DefBringer

DefBringer Guest

I went to the movie expecting something just about as good as the original....and what I got was much worse.

9. spooled2.2

spooled2.2 OT Supporter

reloaded is ass.

I've seen better supra meet videos.

10. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

you have a hi-rev tuners av, by default your posts are :greddy:

11. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

Actually, i think the story wasn't too bad in Reloaded. I DO think they did a poorer job in integrating the story and action scenes into the movie though. There is too much a difference between the two types of scenes. It is either talking heads or kicking ass. The first movie wasn't such a dichotomy.

My biggest gripe was Roy Jones Jr being cast as a ship captain. WTF was that? The dude can barely speak, much less act.

12. mymail5082

mymail5082 Banned

Unfortunately the effects sucked. In a lot of the smith fight, Neo looked like a fucking cartoon.

13. spooled2.2

spooled2.2 OT Supporter

yes, and my avatar is a joke. Now I have to pay to change it.

14. pimphat

pimphat hmmm

i.e. they had too much money to blow ;P

15. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

:dunno:

16. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

link to original thread... and after reading the script posting in the other thread, i have to say i have an even lower opinion of the film now. Any doubts i might have had to the nearly content-free nature of the architecht conversation are confirmed.

1) im basically taking this as an admission that the movie was horibly flawed, but the fact that better movies have been made proves that it is not human limitation that prevents this movie from being decent.

2) ok then genious, tell me some things i dont know about the plot. Do you also find it funny that the only serious conversation was obviously intended to confuse as much of the audience as possible? might this be any indication of the script writers faith in it?

that was the point. i find a cartoon infinitely better then a slow clumsy guy faking kung foo. He IS supposed to be super human and in this movie, you got no impression of that. What special effects did you like in reloaded? aside from the trinity falling glass scene i didnt think anything even equaled the first, much less surpassed it.

if you think about it you will realize how much of the 'story' was mearly just a setup/lead in to useless action sequences.

yeah there was some bad acting too, but that i can more easily forgive then the complete failure of the plot and dialog.

17. Jaron95

Jaron95 "Gattai" dattou?!

I liked the earth-ripple just before Neo did his "superman thing".

I also liked the bodies flying everywhere in the fight vs. all the Smiths.

I also liked the swirling vortex of debris trailing behind Neo as he flew from the Architect's chamber.

Maybe that makes me a mouth-breathing moviegoer, but I didn't expect much from this movie to begin with. :dunno:

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

werd on everything but the smith fight. i hated the whole fight sequence. it was just silly.. i couldnt get past the whole neo knows he cant hurt the smiths with kung fu, yet, neo can fly and the smiths cant, so basically all he is doing is wasting screentime and risking the chance that the smiths do something unexpected before he does the obvious and flys away.

the ground ripple was cool and the vortex was pretty good, but i expected more. The first time around they put a lot of creativity into the special effects, the second time, not as much.

19. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Sensational Moderator Super Moderator

Which again was my biggest gripe...THEY FUCKING SHOWED THE ENDING TO THAT SCENE IN THE LAST TRAILER!!!!1111!!!!1 :mad:

20. TheKrazyRaven

TheKrazyRaven New Member

:slap: it was a caprice classic, not a vic

21. Just becuase you ddint understand it doesnt mean it was stupid.

The rave seen embalized true raw human emtion, read the two 10 page threads you fucking moron.

22. realest00

realest00 New Member

:rolleyes: some people are matrix brainwashed. trying to pull symbolism from nothing...

btw: the truck collision is physically inaccurate. a trailer's main support is at the frame (bottom). the trailer wouldnt fold like an accordian. just getting nitpicky.

23. fr0ng

fr0ng Guest

Dude, just because you didn't understand the movie doesn't mean it sucked. Blame yourself for being so ignorant.

24. realest00

realest00 New Member

more like, the only people to actually bust a nut over the crap are stupid people that think they're smart because they couldnt understand the movie and are now mustering up all their 8th grade education to find "symbolism" in the movie.

25. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

:werd:

At least someone with brains.

First one was so much better.

Matrix 1 - sci fi
    Matrix 2 - action.