MMA The Marcelo seminar...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Hillary, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Was rad. Taught very necessary stuff for grapplers looking to advance their games, not too basic but not mindblowing difficult. I got to roll with him on the second, which was crazy seeing as there was well over 70 people each day and he could only roll with about 7 or 8 each day. His game is crazy slick, and even with me being a bad, female, small blue belt it was ridiculous how he could pass your guard at will without a bit of struggle.

Cool as hell dude too, the gym took him out to chow barbecue and sushi and we took him to a small ufc party. Very down to earth, even played ping pong with some of the kids at the gym and answered any questions. The guy who was hosting the ufc party had a bathroom door that stuck at the top so you had to yank it hella hard and it would pop when you got out. Well, when Marcelo was trying to get out we heard a way larger noise than usually and he came out holding the towel rack (that used to be on the back of the door) and just looked so pathetic before saying, "I ahm-dragged it." I've never laughed so hard in my life.

In conclusion, the seminar ruled, my body hurts, and forget the haters on his first MMA fight because his skill and dedication to jiu jitsu is as high as it gets. :)

Oh, and if you're ever in Memphis stop by that gym. Best guys in the Midsouth (Well, tied with my gym ;) ). www.memphisbjj.com

2. Exiled

Exiled New Member

awesome! he is like.. my jiujitsu idol right now

must've been a pleasure

3. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Do you know how much it cost to get him at the school? I want to do that

4. Hillary

He's apparently not doing many seminars b/c of MMA training, but one of the guys up there used connections and weekly begging for 8 months, I think hahha.

The match of him vs. Shaolin was the first jiu jitsu I'd ever seen (didn't know what it was, so I youtubed it). Short, slick, and fucking deadly. He's been an idol, never thought I'd get to actually roll with him, especially with such little time training.

One of the most down to earth, humble guys. Constant jokes and smiling. The school owner and I were like freaking kids locked in a candy store.

5. I heard that guy isn't bad at joo jeezu

6. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

Marcelo is amazing.

I'm sad that he trains at my gym now and I've not even gotten the chance to roll with him.

7. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

Marcelo has sick jits

[​IMG]

8. Hillary

Not like you won't get one, eventually. He was repping ATT's shorts both days. Also said that one of his standup coaches (didn't say a name) was great because he hurt his ribs really badly getting kicked and the coach didn't let him go light, made him sit out for a week and now he feels great.

One of my friends taped us rolling, which makes me the happiest kid in the world cause I'll have that shit forever. I think he got three or four armbars/reverse armbars, a shoulder lock or two, a north south monsonish choke (he said I was the first person he ever got it on, hahaha, and laughed that it had to be a girl), got a rape choke from tying me up in side control but let it go, and I'm sure something else. All this with like two breaks for a little tip, hahaha. And I'm pretty sure I had polio because it took like no effort whatsoever to pass my guard.

<-Pre teen girl at an Nsync concert.

9. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Im a huge fan of his so fluid and always seems to be 3 steps ahead.

10. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

thats hilarious about the bathroom incident

11. Hillary

12. Hillary

Yeah, apparently he just turned 26 on the 17th of January.

I'm sad that he'll be doing a lot more MMA from now on but he's pretty much as high as you can go grappling, so I understand.

13. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I could submit him.. just give me some weed and about 4 hours to roll with him

14. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Did he teach you anything new that blew your mind?

15. Hillary

Yeah, but not because they were so sick and complicated...the exact opposite. Seriously, it was like, "HOLY SHIT! It's THAT easy?"

And it was all shit he used during rolling, if you watched him. He used one of the passes he taught at least a dozen times while rolling (probably half of those on me, hahaha) and it's just his timing and knowledge of how the other person's gonna react that makes it perfect.