SRS The magic age that you become a chick magnet

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Isaac, May 23, 2006.

1. Isaac

Isaac New Member

When I was 16-17 my dad told me something that I considered a joke at the time.

"When you get to be in your mid to late twenties, women will be all over you. Just wait."

He had this theory, and I'm guessing it was based on personal experience, that good available guys start having to beat women off with a stick at that point.

I blew it off. In the interim period I wasn't exactly a ladies' man. When I was 16 I'd had essentially a harem of girls trying to get me, but after that it died off. I'd have a girlfriend for a while, I'd break up with her, then it'd be a while, then I'd get another one. It wasn't like I was some super pimp.

I've got a decent amount going for me. I'm pretty attractive, smart, creative, dangerous, a biker, car enthusiast, a journalist and professional photographer. I'm also shy, shorter than average and have always been relatively poor, so I'm not exactly something chicks actively seek out.

Well come this year I've been knocking them dead for some reason. It's like I've got some manner of pimp juice effusing from my skin. I'm dealing with four ladies at once right now, and that's after getting rid of two. These are smart (120+ IQ) women who people would want to be with, and they're not all my age either. One's 19 and one's in her 30s. I turned 27 last December.

How the hell this has happened? Who knows. Why this age? Another mystery. The point is, hang in there, because weirder things have happened in the world, and apparently this one comes true.

2. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

it's happening because it better happen goddamn soon if you're gonna continue your familiy's heritage.

3. johan

johan Active Member

There was a study supposedly (though maybe apocryphal) where kids had their iq's tested and then the teachers were informed of the results.

However, the teachers were given totally random information, and in fact the true purpose of the study was to determine how teacher attitudes and subsequently their treatment of the kids affected the kids' development.

Result? The kids who (randomly) were selected as the "bright" kids showed higher scores later on, presumeably because their teachers treated them differently, ostensibly giving them the subtext in all their interactions that they were brighter, more capable, more intelligent, more worthy, and more deserving.

And so...they became brighter, more capable, more intelligent...and more worthy.

Interesting...no?

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

That's interesting indeed... but maybe I'm missing something. What does this same principle have to do with attracting women? This seems like two totally separate situations to me....

5. Minh Lam

Minh Lam Active Member

Johan is saying people shouldnt judge a book by it cover.

"I'm also shy, shorter than average and have always been relatively poor, so I'm not exactly something chicks actively seek out. "

Despite those flaws you could of been the nicest guy and thats how people will treat you and thats how you should treat others. Not just on their IQ or their looks.

But in conclusion. if your happy then good job. Enjoy life. :)

6. johan

johan Active Member

Issac's dad gave him the same subtext that those teachers did.

By his own admission, Issac doesn't have playa goods, at least not in the traditional sense. He's self-described as shy, short and poor. You'd think that's a death sentence going by what some people (mistakenly) think attracts women.

Instead he seems to have a healthy attitude and an embarrassment of riches in the female department, and is somewhat unawares as to what precisely is drawing them his way

What he has is the underlying self-confidence and esteem that results from a father that believes in you, compounded day after day by dear old dad.

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Ah, gotcha. See, there I go again trying to take things at face value :o

8. The Infamous

The Infamous New Member

Two reasons for this:

1. All the good women are now taken (been with their bfs for couple years and ready for marriage.
    2. The remaining women are getting desperate, they are at their sexual peak, and are willing to do anything for a man with moderate looks and $$$.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Girls liked me around 16 and 27 as well. But now I'm 29 and all that's left are the lifetime whores

10. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

I don't think it is as complicated as the other posters:

Your dad sees that you are a nice guy, and knows from experience that younger girls go for the 'jerk' type. They get older and smarten up and then you're gold. :hsughno: