LGBT The lady in my psychology class has issues...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RedGoober4Life, May 7, 2004.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

So maybe this should be in OT but you people are much nicer and I like the smaller forum setting.

The very first few days of class she brought up her dog and its hatred of men and my psychology professor told her well by golly, I don't know if it would be good to try to desensitize her unless the person doesn't mine being mauled and what not.

Then she talks about her 14 year old daughter that keeps stealing. First she took the merchandise back, then she threw it out, then she let her keep it but punished her, and now she's taking the stuff back and buying it. Apparently none of this is working. I sit there and think gosh, they really pop them out that stupid now?

Then she brings up "her friend Becky" who has issues, although I don't know, it seems like she is really this lady. She was sexually abused and goes to group therapy that doesn't work. Well good lord find a different therapist if it's not helping.

Her dad was a psycho and strangled baby rabbits before her and her mother. Well that was great to know.

The greatest part of it all is that I don't think it phases her one bit that she's telling a lecture of maybe 40 kids these things. "OH, and by the way, can I ask you really quickly..."

Maybe I am too critical of people. :hs:

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:ugh: Not at all. YOU have no idea what 'too critical' is... I’m one critical person (at times). You should have sat in on some of my psych classes, hehe.. One young troubled lady ended up attempting to jump out of the window, only to take a leave of absence, come back to the college and believe me to be her best friend, while stealing lip skin cells (from Taylor's boifriend at the time), and meshing them against her lips because she thought he was hot and that 'that bitch' (referring to Taylor) didn't deserve him....

Why does every sick person turn college psych classes into personal therapy?

Last edited: May 12, 2004
  3. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: What is it and these psych courses, do people take them in hopes that they can figure out that they're not normal, but there are other people out there with worse issues?

4. CoCo

I don't know, but it always annoyed me. I don't mind helping you work through issues....but there are some times when I just don't expect to have to deal with it... like outside of a clinical hour...

5. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

cheap and free :dunno: although I was already seeing a psychologist when I took abnormal psych, I did notice that a LOT of people would interject their own personal experiences into the discussions. There was a lot of discussion when it came to sexual orientation in psychology too :mamoru: almost as if a lot of people were comparing themselves with the old "disease" classifications of homosexuality...

6. Taylor

Taylor Guest

:rofl: I didn't know about that :rofl:

I've never even talked to that ho!

7. CoCo

Yea, I forgot that we never told you about that. You were new to the group then.... You had just started dating the LBC and she emailed me upset because pat told her he was on a 'guy kick' and she kept referring to you as 'that bitch' and then she stole his lip balm and wrote me that she was currently pressing his stolen 'lip skin cells' against her own lips, and enjoying it. Megs, Pat, the LBC, Brian, and I read it, and laughed. We decided not to tell you (the person possibly in danger from the crazy bitch) because she didn't want me to tell anyone...and since you hadn't really moved in yet....hehe... you obviously didn't fit the 'I only told my housemate' exception. Sorry pum'kin...

8. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Meh... no worries :)

9. CoCo

10. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I totally agree with CoCo here. I'm the same way. I'm amazed at how a lot of people seem to be getting more and more stupid. It's like the whole trait for common sense is slowly being wiped out of the homosapien gene pool.

11. CoCo