The Island

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SS109, Jul 24, 2005.

1. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Only OK, a mix of Logan's Run & the Matrix.

The humour was the best part. And I didn't like Scarlett as a blonde, reminded me too much of Tara Reid.

2. lolac101

lolac101 New Member

Wasn't too impressed. The first half of the movie was kinda interesting even though I already knew they were clones. Second half was typical Michael Bay movie with the same highway car chase scene from Bad Boy II. I agreed with the humour part. Good movie to watch but nothing really memorable. Scarlett looked really hot as a blonde, she looks hot period :)

3. Yes Im Chad

Yes Im Chad New Member

The highway scene looked like it was almost the same as Bad Boys 2, but it musta still been badass

4. lionsgraphics

lionsgraphics OT Supporter

it was all right. If it wasn't so long it would've been good Bay movie.

5. sjambler

sjambler New Member

It was OK. I thought it was overly stylized, at least in parts. The futuristic city wasn't as impressive as Gotham in Batman Begins.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  6. Trev

Trev New Member

well i was thinking about seeing it - but only because sean bean is in it (huge fan), but i figure i'll just wait until flightplan comes out...that looks like a good pyschological thriller. Seems as though hollywood hasn't been putting those out as much lately.

7. raditastic

raditastic New Member

I just saw it last night, I was happy with it, kept me interested. Or should I say Scarlett Johanson kept me interested.

8. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

decided to see this last night because we had free passes. like lolac101 said, the beginning wasn't so bad but as it wore on i was just bored. i decided not to read about the movie or anything so i had no clue what was going on at first, i think that's the reason i didn't notice how lame it really was. once the Bad Boys' highway scenes kicked in, i was over it.

to me it was like equilibrium meets dark city, but in disney world. i'd give it a thumbs up for scarlett though...so yum! ;)

9. wisdomdriven

wisdomdriven New Member

chrissy, i love your little critique on the movie. equilibrium meets dark city, in disney world. thats freakin great!