The importance of the niceness of your living space...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Achmiel, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

Been wondering about this for like a couple weeks. How important is the "area" of you apt. or whatever when it comes to chicks? I'll be honest: I live in what I call the "hood". My apt. complex was built in the 50's, and is not up to par with the current trends in apt. living. In fact, I'm a minority in the area as I'm white/asian'ish and my neighbors are mostly african-american and straight up african. :rofl:

I keep my place really clean (almost obsessive), have pretty nice stuff - with the exception of my couch which just needs a nice couch-cover and some pillows and it's good to go. The landlord did a rather shitty job painting it and stuff, so the walls aren't perfect, and the carpet could use a steam cleaning or straight up replacement, but I have to call it home for right now.

Do you see what I'm getting at here?

I think the problem is: I don't wanna lose out because my place wasn't nice enough or whatever. But on the other hand, if a girl wouldn't wanna hang due to where I live, I probably wouldn't want anything to do with them. :dunno:

2. Elusion

Elusion New Member

I think you're on the right track. Cleanliness is very important. If your place is dirty you're not going to get her in the mood (unless she's a slut then you probably shouldn't be hanging out with her).

Anyway, seems like you're good to go. The surounding area of your apartment isn't really that important.
    If anything it should help you since you're place will be infinitly better than the surrounding place. Makes you seem better.

3. redspydaman

redspydaman Bresil, mon coeur. Brasil, meu coração

you are white/asian ISH?!!!! is there some confusion as to what the fuck you are?

that being said. your living space reflects the person you are. If you live in a pigsty...well....

women pick up on that shit. there are women who are even more digusting than most frat boys... so it depends on the chick.

4. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

My father is a blue-blooded Floridian and my mom is from Madagascar...

5. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

It depends what kind of women you are trying to snag. if you wanna take home some slut from thr club and bang her silly then send her on her way, it isn't really a big deal.

Even a decent girl shouldn't mind a crappy place AT FIRST. Over time though, the crappiness of your living arrangements might get to her.

However, these is a solution. Let her bring you candles and all sorts of expensive decorative crap. She will then some part in the state of the dwelling and will usually be happy. I haven't seen a much a woman in "home making" mode can't fix or at least significantly improve.

6. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

IMO making the best of what you have is most important. Keep your place clean and welcoming and I dont forsee it being a problem with women. And, if you do come across a few that turn their noses up at your place, fuck em, you wouldnt want a woman like that anyhow. Win win.

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

As long as it's not TOO ghetto you should be ok. You don't want her to be scared to go to your place. Since you keep the inside clean you shouldn't have a problem there. Just make sure to always have toilet paper on hand :p

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:rofl: And besides, if your place is in a bad neighborhood, it'll be a litmus test to see if she feels comfortable with you as a "protector" :coolugh:

9. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

I wouldn't worry about the color of your neighborhood, rather the quality. Just because people are immigrants or poor, doesn't mean they don't have pride. Is there trash strewn all over the street? Do people rake or sweep the sidewalk? If your neighborhood has pride, it will show. That's okay, because you have pride too.

If your neighborhood doesn't give a crap, then that will reflect badly on you. Why do you live there? She'll want to know. Will she feel safe coming to visit you alone? Will she feel safe leaving her car there to spend the night? Do you even want her wondering if she will?

My very white brother lives in the SE section of DC, but it's a neighborhood where almost everyone knows each other, where they look after each other and where almost everyone is improving their homes and property. They are just waiting for the neighborhood boundary to shift over to include their street so their property values go up. I don't worry about parking my car on the street there. Four blocks over, I would.

As for your apartment, keeping clean (especially your bathroom and kitchen) is a must. I would also consider the quality of your furnishing and the style. Is it haphazard or is it deliberate? Functional? That could have an impression.

Lastly, I suspect you want a woman who can discern the difference. If your lady can't tell the different between poor and ghetto, you probably don't want her.

10. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Sic Semper Tyrannis

Keep your place tidy and the bathroom CLEAN and the ladies will be fine with that. One of my buds has a pretty dumpy looking house outside but decent inside and he has skanky whores over all the time.