The hell is going on?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BeatKonducta, Nov 11, 2009.

1. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

Ok, so here's the deal. I'm 25 and in college and have been out of "the game" for about three years. I've messed around/slept with girls in that time, but no relationships since 06. I meet this girl in my Spanish class and she seems kinda cool. Always smiling, etc whenever I happen to look at her, etc. So I notice this and ask her if she wants to study sometime (this was two week ago). So she says sure and gives me her number.
    Well, I txt her a couple days later to ask her if she wants to study on Saturday and if so if she would want to maybe go to dinner as well. She says that she's busy or whatever, so I leave it alone. Last week rolls around and I ask her if maybe she wants to go to a hockey game on Saturday (she's kind of into sports) and she says that she has a badminton tournament that she's going to be playing in all weekend, but to let her know if I would maybe want to go next weekend.
    At this point I'm kind of giving up but last Monday rolls around and I say fuck it, what do I have to lose. During the class we have a break or whatever and I usually go smoke with another person outside. So the girl comes out (she doesn't smoke) and is just smiling and all bubbly, etc. so I decide to ask her if she still wants to go to a hockey game this weekend after talking about how her weekend and her tournament went. She says sure, just let her know what day. I tell her that I'll txt her or something sometime this week and we can decide on what day.
    So today I txt her and ask her if she would like to go to a game on Friday. She says that's fine and that she'll meet me at the ring. The hell is going on? Seems to me like she just maybe wants to be friends or maybe feeling me out since she's never hung out with me outside of class. Just seems like she l;eft no opening for me asking if maybe she wanted to grab a bit to eat before the game or something. Any insight?
    I was just going to play it cool, go to the game, then ask her if she wanted to do lunch or something next weekend.
    Damn, wall of txt, amirite?

2. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

calm down...it sounds like its working out fine

3. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

yea, i think that's my deal. damn impatient.

4. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

Wall of fucking text.

I skimmed it. The most important pointer for someone who's just getting back into the game is to play the field. It's pretty much the #1 rule of dating. You must keep your options open, and not seem desperate. Sure, many people are clingy, and manage to find others who are equally clingy (and "true" love, hahaha) but as a rule of thumb, you gotta learn to keep it cool.

You're already sweating it about some girl you just met and barely know. CLEARLY, you're putting to much thought into one girl.

Continue to casually try to hang out with this girl, but in the meantime, actively seek out other girls to hang out with and keep yourself busy.

PS: I'm the same age. Best time of my life ever. Old enough to be experienced/respected, young enough to date the whole spectrum of women in their 20s.

5. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

quit texting her. can you be more impersonal and show her you care less?

6. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

yeah it might be that she is friendzoning you! I know I do the exact same thing when I am not interested in a guy for dating.

7. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

good call. :bigthumb:

8. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

stop texting her and try calling her to ask if she wants to hang out

if a guy texted me and said "hey, want to go to this thing on friday?" i wouldnt text back and say "sure, but lets go eat first."

9. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Disagree.

Texting is the way to go. Sure you dont care and are being impersonal, but women dont know this. In the whore's head shes thinking youre unavailable and mysterious. She likes to sleep with unavailable and mysterious people.

In all seriousness, it could go either way. She might really just be busy, or you might be putting yourself out there too much. "Want to study? oh and how about a serious dinner date also?" Might come off a bit heavy, but kinda hard to tell from a few sentences on a message board.

10. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

nah, i get what you're saying. i was thinking maybe i did come on too strong, yet not at the same time. it does seem like she was actually busy. had quite the convo about her badminton tournament, etc.

11. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

damn, didn't even know texting was that big of a "no no"

12. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Its not. Dont listen to them. Bitches love texting. Especially if you put smiley faces in it.

:wavey:

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Why would she leave an opening for you to ask to do something else? That doesn't even make any sense. If you wanted to do something else then you should have made that clear when you asked her to the game. And she may be doing something else beforehand so that's why she wants to meet you there. If anything you should do something after the game and not before. You might realize after a couple hours that you have nothing in common and not even want to hang out anymore.

14. knucks

knucks Active Member

Go to the game and see how that goes, then decide.

15. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

that smiley face shit made me laugh when she texted me back saying that it;s cool to go to the game on friday. damn smiley at the end, thought of OT :hs:

16. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

makes sense. damn midnight game though. so doubtful that either one of us will want to do anything after the game.

17. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

seems like that's the current plan.

18. Midgetized

I'm a bitch and I agree :rofl:

Texting is only bad if you sit around chatting with her through text all day instead of making plans to hang out. It's not a good way to get to know someone but it is great for making plans. There might be a few chicks that would rather have you call them instead but I think by now most people see texting as a perfectly normal way to quickly set up plans with someone.

19. Midgetized

What? That's the best time to hang out :naughty: Go out and have a drink after

20. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

and that's all it ever was. we usually talk, etc in spanish class. i've only tried to do the plans thing through texting, no conversations.

21. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

this may change things up a bit, rofl. she's 20 :noes:

22. Midgetized

Yeah I think you're fine then. Some OTers are just really anti-texting (IWYWB :mamoru:)

23. Midgetized

lol fail. guess you'll have to take her back to your place for a drink then :noes:

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:squint: Only anti-texting when dating

25. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

And by "dating" she means "all day, everyday, frothing at the mouth over texting like a rabbies-ridden raccoon."