WEB The FriendFury affiliate program

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by symptic, Feb 27, 2008.

1. symptic

symptic I run companies

I've been developing an affiliate program for my site FriendFury, a friend aggregating tool for Myspace (friend adder).

Read more and sign up here.

If you have any questions, leave a post here, send an IM, or contact me on AIM under this screen name. :cool:

2. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

I'm interested.

The navi on the left side doesn't work.

3. symptic

symptic I run companies

Thanks for the heads up.

4. Robb

Robb Guest

how about a free sub for an OT OG? The free version is not as good, takes forever to add friends, give me a sub and I'll write a review

5. symptic

symptic I run companies

Where is this review going to go and how many people will see it?

6. Robb

Robb Guest

you'll post it on your site

7. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

Why the fuck do you have such a huge ass header?

[​IMG]

What a waste of space

8. symptic

symptic I run companies

Use the site. The adding tools go in that space.

[​IMG]

9. Robb

Robb Guest

in FF if you try to add a friend w/ a captha it wont let you

10. Robb

Robb Guest

do you have to be sign up to add friends? I try and add friends, but i get no points

11. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

I signed up around 8am and it said it would be two hours until I received an email.

4 hours later, nothing. I checked my spam, and nothing.

12. symptic

symptic I run companies

I have to send them manually. Hang tight. :x: I just put this page up last night, and I've been working nonstop to automate the process as much as possible.

13. symptic

symptic I run companies

You should be getting points. My partner didn't want to auto-update that info. I was pushing for real time stats, but he's the programmer and he won that argument. He's slowing the process down a lot, but I'll be replacing the 'Add One' button with 'Refresh Stats' soon.

14. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

The payout structure seems a bit messed up. Just sending a ton of traffic isn't ideal as some might be crap traffic but if they send more they get a higher percentage. Can't you set it up so affiliates are just paid a percentage from the specific upgraded users they send?

15. symptic

symptic I run companies

The traffic only counts when the user shows a particular level of engagement.

16. rwdftw

rwdftw Guest

Feel free to ignore the criticism but:
    a) I would lower the payout to 33%. With a site like that you'll have the same level of engagement, and thats 7% of profit that you get to keep
    b) The whole layout just screams amateurism. You claim to be a designer, so why not design something that actually looks good, that'll look professional?
    c) Cut the whole "we've invited you" part of the description. Makes you seem desperate for affiliates.
    d) Home should be on top, and why do you have a seperate link for it anyways?
    e) That big ass yellow box, seems to work when users are logged in, but I would change it so when the users see the collapsed version when they aren't And even so why does it have to be so big? You can put everything on a single line.
    f) You might want to point out, how exactly you plan to handle the payouts...paypal? check? And I would add a paragraph that talks about the minimums.
    g) Add a sub-affiliate function, where the affiliate will still get paid a little if a friend of a friend upgrades.

17. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Still waiting. :x:

18. symptic

symptic I run companies

a) I would lower the payout to 33%. With a site like that you'll have the same level of engagement, and thats 7% of profit that you get to keep

I'll stick to 40%.

b) The whole layout just screams amateurism. You claim to be a designer, so why not design something that actually looks good, that'll look professional?

I am a designer. We obviously have different goals and scope in regards to this project.

c) Cut the whole "we've invited you" part of the description. Makes you seem desperate for affiliates.

I disagree.

d) Home should be on top, and why do you have a seperate link for it anyways?

Home should be on the bottom. The navigation works in progression with the process of using the site; Home is the last place anyone will want to or need to be when they use the site.

e) That big ass yellow box, seems to work when users are logged in, but I would change it so when the users see the collapsed version when they aren't And even so why does it have to be so big? You can put everything on a single line.

It's bold.

f) You might want to point out, how exactly you plan to handle the payouts...paypal? check? And I would add a paragraph that talks about the minimums.

Good suggestion.

g) Add a sub-affiliate function, where the affiliate will still get paid a little if a friend of a friend upgrades.

This will come at a later time if we do add it.

19. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

edit: I've got my head wrapped around this...

How and when are the payouts? Is the affiliate system setup and bug free?

Set up that sub-affiliate system, I've got an army of guys with myspace traffic ready for some new meat.

20. symptic

symptic I run companies

I'm willing to do bi-weekly payments via PayPal, or monthly via Check. I'm still working with my coder on the system. I'll send you a PM when we have it and a sub-affiliate system up and running.

21. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

How are you going to handle people buying junk traffic at DP etc and sending it to their affiliate link?

22. symptic

symptic I run companies

Affiliate traffic only registers after a user has added X friends.

23. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

Sounds good, I sent the reg email last night....2 hours my ass lol

24. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Anybody have any luck with the system yet?

25. symptic

symptic I run companies

Not I, said the fly. My partner's taking his time to implement proper tracking. :hsd: