GUN The Founding Fathers and the AK-47

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MikeEagle12, Feb 1, 2008.

1. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

I found this article to be a very interesting read. I for one am a strong supporter of our second amendment and actually plan on purchasing an ak variant in the future myself.

2. Fairwind44

Fairwind44 New Member

thx for the post

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Good read. It pains me that this country has been so derailed by politics. I'm not saying we need to go back to hunting and gathering, but I feel like a lot of the ideals this country was built on are currently lost. It doesn't mean we can't get them back, but fundamentally we're straying further and further from what it was meant to be. :hs:

4. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

good point

something I'm afraid is only going to get worse after this coming election :noes:

5. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Unfortunately, I see a revolution in the U.S. depending on who gets elected, and how well they do, or don't do. The political lines are so hard, and so far apart. We're on the brink of something big happening. I just hope someone gets elected that wants to return America to the way it used to be.

6. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that's just wishful thinking. We live in a society of cowards that will never stand up for what they truly believe in because Joe next door might look down on them, never mind Joe is probably thinking the exact same thing.

I'd say 20% of this country wants more government control, and wants Big Bro to tell them everything they do in their life. Another 20% wants as little as possible when it comes to the Big Bro.

The other 60%, could give a rats ass as long as they can get a Starbucks while watching their American Idol, and if they vote, they will just vote for whoever makes them feel warm and tingly inside.

We live in a generation of pussies and cowards who avoid conflict, no matter the cost.

7. xpinchx

Serji Tankian talks a lot about how civilization as we know it is going to come to an end in our lifetime. While I don't believe that's entirely true, I do think there will be some big changes in the near future. If there's ever going to be a revolution, it's going to be this generation. Young people are starting to care what's going to happen to this country when it's time for us to raise families. Try to walk around any college campus and ask what they think of the upcoming election. Hardly anyone I know is apathetic anymore, because now everyone has a stake in what's going to happen in the next few years. With few exceptions, no matter who gets elected, we're going to be losing our freedoms one by one. In the past it was a joke during election time, "choosing the lesser of two evils." It's not a joke anymore. Our country is falling apart and I'm telling you, it's time for a revolution.

</crazytalk>

8. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

I'm a politically active, gun-owning college student.

The government probably sees me as a threat. Ironing.

9. xpinchx

That's the way it should be.

10. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Are there any recent polls regarding gun ownership or gun control?

11. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

I can't recal any recent ones, however the ones in the past havn'et looked to good on our side. However, this could be to the biased nature of them as they alway seem to come about after a major shooting which pisses me off.