GUN The FN Five-Seven owns (penetration test)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Whitey McCracken, Oct 13, 2004.

1. I bought mine a couple months ago and I'm starting to fall in love with it all over again. At first, I bought it simply to add to my collection because I couldn't pass up the deal. Now I absolutely love it! I shot 50rds through it last weekend and I almost forgot how little recoil there is. I bought two 20rd mags for it last month and they performed flawlessly. It's amazing how light the gun is with a full 20rd mag.

Hopefully FN or some other manufacturer will make a better looking gun that fires the 5.7 round. A Glock or 1911 in 5.7 would be nice.

Anyway, click the link for the penetration test.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=10865

2. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

this isnt gonna be good when it falls into the wrong hands :eek3: fuckin uuber cop killers

3. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Um ya, like most/all rifles aren't already?

4. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

you know I thought the same thing when I saw that thread on ARFCOM.

and I'm the most pro-gun person on this board (well equal to the other pro gun extremists). I think all gun control laws should be repealed. Machine guns available mail order
    :bigthumb:

but as a cop that gun is pretty scary.

I'm not saying it should be banned tho. Freedom comes before safety. Even my safety.

5. Nazareth_JA

Nazareth_JA Guest

Here Here!!

6. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

I almost bought one last year. :hs: What are prices like now?

7. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

$700 now. They were $800 last year.

8. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

it's not the gun, it's the ammo. If you aren't LEO or military you are not getting the armor piercing ammo.

Damn, I want one of these bad :)

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

um, hello? any defense loadings of 9mm will punch right through the same level II vest, and have at least as good a wound cavity, because they actually expand. instead of being a cavity that is always .224 wide, and expands from the length of the bullet to the width of the bullet the the length to the width because of yawing, it's going to start at 9mm (instead of 5.7mm), and get bigger. depending on the load, you might get as big as .70" in diameter. also, they failed to do that test on ballistic gel or live tissue, so you have no idea what kind of actual penetration that round would get in human flesh, or whether it would perform the same as far as the yaw in human flesh. i don't know about you, but i'm not made of phone books, and i don't wear them as clothing. i also don't even bother with level II armor. it's IIIA or better for me.

if they ever make a round that's worth a damn in this caliber, i'll be all over it. i like the pistol alright, and i love the capacity. the grip is a little odd for me, but i think i could get used to it. supposedly, there are tests being done for SP and other better performing rounds, but i'm still waiting.

oh, and the round they used in that test was SS192, which is perfectly legal. it's not AP, because it doesn't have any penetrator inside. SS190 is AP, and while it would be legal to possess for any civilian, it would be illegal for any dealer to sell it to you. this leaves the conundrum of how to get it. you can't. you wouldn't want to anyways. it's just as useless as this round above.

10. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

amen to that. Why anyone would wear a level II when the most popular gun we would face is a 9mm is beyond me. I even bought the trauma and side plates for mine.

11. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Yeah well someone who isnt laughing :squint:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  12. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

A CZ52 has been around for decades and can punch through as much soft body armor with a higher wound potential as the 5-7. All at a MUCH lower price. Hell, get a C&R and have one shipped straight to your house for under $150. And as we all know just about every rifle round will punch soft armor.

The sky is not falling.

13. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl:

14. lil mermaid

lil mermaid Guest

I want one.:wtc: