COMIC the flash: the fastest man alive #1

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by evh, Jul 10, 2006.

1. evh

evh Active Member

Is this uploaded anywhere? I can't find it...

2. lazyjk

lazyjk Uncle Sam wants you for the NEW Freedom Fighters!!

I have it somewhere, I'll up it cause I don't think it's upped anywhere

Upped to www.comptechie.info in the DC\Flash folder

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  3. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

is this the only issue out?

4. lazyjk

yep :wtc:

5. evh

evh Active Member

edit:

cool issue... can someone clear a couple things up for me?

SPOILERS

what happened to bart allen's powers? if they're gone, then how did he use them at the end of the issue? what's up with jay garrick? how come he can use his powers? he said something in the issue about not being able to get faster and being a metahuman... is he losing his powers as well? how did bart allen age 4 years? anything else I should know?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  6. lazyjk

Bart's Powers- It was thought that he didn't have a connection to the Speed Force after Infinite Crisis, but apparently he does. However, this seems to have bad side effects when he tries to access it.

Jay Garrick- He has a connection to the speedforce, but his powers aren't speed force based. He inhaled heavy water fumes which somehow gave him his powers. Where as both Barry Allen and Wally West were both given speed force essence in their respective accidents (very simple explantion, It's much more complicated than that)

Jay Garricks speed- His metahuman speed tops out at a certain speed. In the past he could augment that speed by tapping into the speed force, but now none of the speedsters (except for bart) can tap into the speed force, but we don't know why yet.

Bart's age- When the Flashes pulled Superboy Prime into the speed force with them in Infinite Crisis, they somehow deposited him on a planet with a red sun and then went to some point in the future(I think). They spent several years there where Wally and Linda raised their kids and Bart stayed with them. I think they didn't try to return because they were cut off from the speed force. However, apparently there was enough residual speed force for Bart to come back at the end of Infinite Crisis.

Any other questions and I'll try to answer them, and If I got anything wrong, please correct me:wiggle:

7. evh

evh Active Member

Well, I didn't get to read Infinite Crisis so I don't know what happened in that comic. What is the speed force exactly? I'm assuming it's a "thing" that gives speedsters their powers? Except for Jay Garrick and other "metahumans". After Bart Allen and the other flashes pulled superboy prime into the speed force, they were stuck in a point in time? There was enough residual speed for Bart to get back, but was it only him who got back? What happened to Wally West and Barry Allen? Didn't one of em die?

8. lazyjk

Didn't realize how far out of the loop you were:hsd:

I'll sum some of it up, but you should probably read Infinite Crisis as well as the Wikipedia Article on the Flash.

Speed Force- A "mystical" "place/thing/valhalla" where all dead speedsters souls reside. It was only a hypothetical place until Wally West actually entered and left it. It is the source of almost all speedsters powers. It calls to some speedsters, but in order to leave the Speed Force, you have to have an anchor to pull you back to the real world. Wally West's anchor is his wife Linda.

Barry Allen was the second or "Silver Age" Flash. He sacrificed himself in Crisis on Infinite Earths. He ran so fast to force the energy back to an Anti-Matter Cannon that he went back in time and eventually became pure speed force energy and became the lightning strike that caused his initial accident therefore bringing the speed force into his origin.

I'll let you read up on the rest on wikipedia. You can also read Infinite Crisis. I have all the issues up on www.comptechie.info