SRS The first new day

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phoenix1105, Mar 20, 2006.

1. phoenix1105

phoenix1105 OT Supporter

I'm somewhat of a lurker, so if that offends you go ahead and stop reading now, it seems to have that effect in other sections of OT. Anyways, I know I have an addictive personality and over the last couple years it has gotten somewhat worse. Lately I have found myself using Rx painkillers and I am determined to stop. I am graduating with a Masters in a little over a month, and want to start a clean life. My vice has usually been sedatives or painkillers, xanax or vicodin, but I want to start feeling life again. I guess I am posting this to see if anyone has any words of wisdome or advice for me. I have checked out a lot of the links in the blank manuals, and have learned a lot of good info. I know this won't be a cake walk, but it is something i want to do.

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

What you may have done is wake up a dormant gene. One that could destroy your life.

I just completed my inpatient treatment and about to begin intensive outpatient treatment for my addiction to alcohol. I had been in denial for over thirty years.

I was amazed at the number of 18-25 year old kids I saw in treatment for addiction to oxy and heroin. Most were in for their third, forth, and fifth attempt to get clean. They all started with milder opiates like vicodin.

Check out Narcotics Anonymous or, better yet, a detox center to see what a dope sick addict goes though. The disease knows no difference between education, economic or social class levels.

3. phoenix1105

phoenix1105 OT Supporter

Thanks for the input