The Federation wins wars with help, not with its technology or brains

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Praetor, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Praetor

Praetor Guest

....which is why they are no true power. Every single war, the Federation has essentially lost. I want to concentrate on the Dominion War. The war, in my eyes, was clearly won by the Dominion. The Federation has lost millions of lives and their ships have been reduced to scrap and crap. The Cardassians have been wiped out, well, almost. The Klingons and the Romulans is estimated have 30 years before they recover.

If I remember correctly, The Battle of Cardassia was to be the major victory of the Dominion and the Alliance would have been crushed. But the Cardassians, decided to attack Dominion and Breen warships instead of attacking the Alliance. This was the major turning point. The Dominion lost, Cardassia Prime was reduced to rubble and the Alliance won.

The point? Four major powers had to combine their forces to win against one major power. What a shame. I can't believe people take pride in the Federation. It is weak and useless. The Cardassians basically sacrificed themselves so everyone can benefit. Everyone had something left after the war, while my beloved species had NOTHING.:wtc:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2005
  2. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

The federation has always been weak, because they run around with their hands out saying "we mean you no harm" as the other guy is drawing his gun. They're so obsessed with exploring and diplomacy that they were totally unprepared for war.

There should have been a whole fleet of Defiant class ships.

3. johan

johan Active Member

Maybe the strength of the Federation is not in its war machinery but that they're apparently so good at convincing others to fight alongside them. Therefore they do not need to carry the entire burden. Get other species to die for the human-centric Federation.

And I'm not entirely joking either.

4. Praetor

Praetor Guest

I agree. But Sisko had to twist a few things with the Romulans for them to join. So that wasn't done diplomatically.

See, the reason why the Federation is falling behind(IMO) is its character and respect towards human life, self worth and justice. You cannot build an empire of wealth if you plan to give humanity any value. Basically what I'm saying is, you gotta treat people like shit and make them the slaves of the empire so you can build technology advanced enough to help you conquer entire quadrants.

The only reason the Romulans are any powerful is because they made the Remans their slaves and made them work in their dilithium mines, which provided the Romulans an endless supply of resources. The same goes for the Cardassians and Bajorans.

Peace and justice and life is all good, but it is the true hindrance to becoming a power.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2005
  5. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

diplomacy is politics is trickery. it was done entirely diplomatically

6. flyguy

flyguy Guest

Does diplomacy not require brains? :ugh:

7. Praetor

Praetor Guest

Not when you use explosives and then tell the Romulans how it was the Dominion.

8. Joe_Cool

It was a good plan, and it worked. I fail to see the problem.

9. Praetor

Praetor Guest

It's low and beneath him.

10. Joe_Cool

It would seem otherwise. The choices are:

A) The entire quadrant falls under dominion control, or
    B) Get the Romulans into the war at any cost, even if you have to deceive them.

I'd choose B too.

11. Joe_Cool

Besides, unless I'm remembering wrong, the Federation didn't use any explosives. It was accidental.

12. Praetor

Praetor Guest

Or choice C, which was the part where the Federation should have listened to the first warning they received to stop entering the Gamma Quadrant.

13. flyguy

flyguy Guest

It wasn't even the Federation, it was Garak more or less.

14. Ramataklan

Ramataklan Active Member

the federation is the clever wolf in the sheep costume.