The Eleanor Model......do you think it is a true pony?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Yodaman456, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Yodaman456

Yodaman456 New Member

What do you think about the purists getting upset at customizing kits to turn a 66', 67' or so mustang into a duplicate of the Eleanor model from "Gone in 60 Seconds"............

2. Yodaman456

Yodaman456 New Member

yeah i totally agree with you man

3. FlameRedXJ

FlameRedXJ Professional Lurker!

There is a wannabe SS in my apartment complex. He's got the SS hood and wheels and SS BADGES. He always revs it up and its a V6! Guess he thinks nobody knows what a V8 sounds like. :ugh: :mamoru: :rofl:

4. Yodaman456

Yodaman456 New Member

hahaha yeah hahaha......

5. chadds

chadds Roethlisberger & Palko > your QBs OT Supporter

I agree that cloning newer cars is stupid. As you can see buy my av, I have the SS hood...but no way in hell I'm gonna use SS badges on my Z.

But...when it's cars like the GT500, I don't have a problem with cloning as long as the owners aren't trying to pass it off as an original. A car like that is just isn't financially obtainable to 95% of the people that want it, so the only option is to clone.

I've always loved '69 GTO Judges, but there's no way I could afford a nice one. But...if i would happen to find a decent '69 LeMans, you can bet your ass I would make it look like a '69 Judge, I just wouldn't try to pass it off as being a Judge to anyone that asked about it.