The different Samsung LCD monitors, which one is best and how to tell?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jdw, Dec 25, 2007.

1. jdw

jdw New Member

I read on here a couple months ago that there are something like 3 different builds of the Samsung LCDs. A, B, and S maybe? (I think I threw the paper that had the info when I moved)

Which one was the best and how do you tell?

I need a new monitor to replace my 15" CRT. Got a 20" dell at work and I can't stand looking at my home monitor any longer. Thought I was going to be getting a 24" Dell Ultrasharp here next week but I guess a man's word means nothing...:hs:

OR, reccomend me a monitor. Thinking I'll get a good fast LCD now that I can use on a gaming/media machine later when I pick up 3 17 or 19s for a development machine.

2. Chris

Chris New Member

The 3 panels are A, S and C I think

it was a big deal when Samsung first did it, because the C panels (which were made by Chimei I think) were not nearly as good as the others

but I think because of the huge stink it caused Samsung has improved the QC of the stuff it buys from 3rd parties

you can google it for more info

3. i believe the panel you want is the A panel. if you google it, it should have diagrams of where to look on the box and on the monitor, so you might have to ask to take a look at the monitor before purchasing. i think i got the c panel and i can't really tell too much of a difference. can't really see any of the edge bleeding or anything like that, works perfectly fine and worth every penny.

4. Bitter Moose

Bitter Moose OT Supporter

If this was 6 months ago you would have wanted an S panel. Luckily Samsung has fixed this problem.

5. jdw

jdw New Member

so you're saying any Samsung is going to be decent (pending the specs on it)?

6. Chris

Chris New Member

yeah, anything new should be

plus the panel issue was with the 226BW only, not the 225BW or any other newer model

7. jdw

jdw New Member

yeah, finally found some info on SD on it....

I'll have to do some looking and decide what I want to do for sizes.

8. lightsareout

lightsareout New Member

they also just came out with the 226cw, which replaces the bw from my understanding with the good samsung panles

9. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

I have the C panel 226bw.
    It goes S > A > C.
    I do notice the C panel is less superior than my A panel 906bw, but it's fine. I just surf the web and whatever. I'm not into PC gaming.