The difference between a friend and a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Das_Ubermensch, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Das_Ubermensch

Das_Ubermensch OT Supporter

The difference between a friend and a girlfriend –

There is a difference between a friend and a girlfriend. A person can be your friend, but not your girlfriend, and can be your girlfriend but not your friend. Girlfriends are almost always temporary, friends are more permanent. If you can find both in one person you have got something special. Friends do for you because they like you, because of some unspoken difficult to define yet mutual bond called “friendship.” They do for you what they don’t do for others, they do things they would never do for anyone else under any circumstances.

Girlfriends are not like friends. Girlfriends do for you because you are their boyfriend. They do for you because the relationship exists, not because of some underlying bond. They do for you not because YOU are YOU, but because you are a man playing the role of boyfriend. They do what they do for you simply because they are your boyfriend, and they will just as easily do the same for the next man when he comes along to fill the position.

How do you tell what you’ve got? It can be difficult. A romantic relationship can conceal the existence or lack of an underlying friendship quite well. Just like in high school chemistry class you may only be able to tell if a solution contains a particular chemical by removing everything else and seeing what remains. The old saying is that true friendships will always weather the bad times. True friendships can survive periods of anger, disagreement, all the changes that tend to occur within the life of a person. To put it simply, the difference is this - A friend will weather the bad times. A girlfriend will not.

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Sounds pretty acurate to me.... :bigthumb:

3. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

all valid arguements, yes. but why did you spend the time to post all that? just curious

4. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

Very true

5. Das_Ubermensch

Das_Ubermensch OT Supporter

copied and pasted :bigthumb: goes for a man or a woman I guess but I think moreso for women.

The rest:

As for friends, they are an asset. Keep them close and hold them dear – because it is worth it to do so.

Girlfriends – these you should just let go.

The most important piece of advice I can give is that you would NEVER want to marry a girlfriend. A girlfriend wont invest the time it takes to create a friendship because friendship isnt a necessary part of her relationship with you. She does for you because you are her boyfriend, not her friend, remember? She doesnt need the extra bond with you that friends have. And the time will come when the romantic bond of girlfriend to boyfriend becomes weak, even in marriage. And when that time comes the relationship will end, and when the relationship ends there will be nothing left. Not even the concept of marriage will keep someone at your side when there is no friendship.

6. armond

armond New Member

I got a best friend who is my g/f, going awesome! :bigthumb:

7. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

interesting points

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

And that, sir, is the IDEAL situation to be in. Consider yourself very lucky.

9. armond

armond New Member

Oh I do sir, oh I do! We are both waiting to see eachother tomorrow! Gonna go see her at lunch!

10. Lucky_721

Lucky_721 Active Member

i had that...it ended today....gl

11. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

You must have missed the thread. LOL. He's got a winnar.

12. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

13. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

Sounds valid. Though there is a lot more to it than that.