The device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Turboed_2, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

So how fucked am I? :hsugh:

I had pretty much planned on replacing the drive in my MBP anyways since it's been having problems burning DVDs.

Don't know what caused it, a reinstall of Leopard didn't solve it so it's not software. Result of some forums say the drive is either dead or the laser is dirty so....:dunno:

Ideas?

2. LOLZILLA

LOLZILLA New Member

You've asked people and they've told you that you might have a bad optical drive and you're asking us if you have a and optical drive?

Dude, how far are you from an Apple store?

Take it in.

3. skolen

skolen Guest

Mine did this once and never again. It might've just been a fluke like the drive not calibrating in time.

4. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i think it might be the transponder that sits between your laptops internal usb connection and the connection to your DVD drive inside the laptop. if you drip some hot lead solder into the drive, you might be able to fix that connection.

5. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I just googled the error and came up with random ass ideas that people have had before. I'm close to a couple of the Apple stores but it's out of warranty thanks to me not buying Applecare in time. I had pretty much already planned on buying a replacement drive online and putting it in myself but figured I'd give asking on here a shot.

6. LOLZILLA

LOLZILLA New Member

Werd.

:dunno: