The Dark Triad - Bad boys really do get the most girls

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Vysion, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Vysion

Vysion New Member

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19826614.100?DCMP=NLC-nletter&nsref=mg19826614.100

This next one was written by a woman:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/why-women-love-bad-boys-1421183.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Triad
    The findings in this study seems to support a few theories I've seen here in the Vaginarium.

Theory #1: A small number of men have sex with the large majority of women.
    This supports it because there are less guys that have these dark triad traits than guys that don't. Guys that I know personally that I would say displayed these traits, always seem to have a new girl that they are having sex with everytime I see them.

Theory #2: Yails theory that women withhold sex from guys that want a relationship with them, yet they reward guys that don't want a long term relationship with sex.
    Must be true because the ones that scored higher in the dark triad traits had more sex and less of a desire for long term relationships. They basically wanted to be fuck buddies, and it goes along with another female OTers post in the main forums a few weeks ago where she said, "I can't make a connection with guys that like me and want to date me, but I always fall for the guys that just want to be friends with benefits."

Theory #3: My date theory that becoming friends with a girl but escalating the relationship to be more physical starting with kissing and eventually leading to sex will produce better results than asking a woman on a date up front.
    This supports my theory because women seem to be more attracted to the guys that don't want long term relationships with them and less attracted to, or in a woman's own words "...can't make a connection with...", the guys that want to date them looking for a long term relationship.

This also helps me understand why I can't stand the assholes that most PUA's become. They have learned how to mold their personalities into these dark triad traits so they can be more successful with women.

This is the first time I have come across this "Dark Triad" theory so please excuse me for my excited interest and if this is a repost.

Please note: It is possible that the guys in this study that have dark triad traits may have possibly lied to the study originators on the number of sexual partners they have had. It can be difficult to determine their level of honesty within this study due to the fact that those with dark triad traits are known liars. Hopefully the majority of them were honest for an anonymous scientific study... but that is wishful thinking.

2. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Cliffs: The majority of women are dumb, have no idea what they want, and are illogical.

3. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:gives:

The guys getting the most sex, are the guys who are most dominant. The "bad boy" image in and of itself isn't why these guys are successful. It's the dominance. The guy who asserts himself, doesn't back down from something he wants, and is persistant and isn't warded off by her bullshit.

You don't HAVE to be "bad" to have these traits. Just assertive and dominant.

MY reasoning behind this is evolution. We live in a civilized society, but our bodies are still very much rooted in our ancestoral roots...the "animal" instinct where only the "strong" survive. Evolution has essentially perpetuated that the men who are most dominant (the guys who just TOOK the women they wanted back before civilized times) get the most sex.

But now that there are "civilized" cultures, there is a conflict with our belief system and what our animal instincts want. Our animal instincts are telling us to be dominant, but society is telling us to be passive. So you get a generation of "nice guys" who can't get past the passivity of culture to be dominant, because the dominant guys are labeled "bad" and "nice guys" can never BE bad.

The moral of this story: If you see a girl, go after her. Be persistant and don't just give up at the slightest hint of resistance. Sometimes you have to push past resistance ever so slightly before she'll accept you. Don't get too hung up on just ONE girl, because there are plenty of girls out there to choose from.

In other words, don't back yourself into a corner that you aren't willing to push yourself out of.

(oh, and I hate having to clarify this, but I better do it: when I say "push past her resistance," I don't mean rape her. that should be common sense, but just in case :hsugh:)

4. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

If the choice is between my morals and women, I'll choose my morals.

5. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Really? You're still stuck on this? :rolleyes:

How many times are you going to spout this crap and how many times are we going to have tell you you're wrong? It's getting old.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:werd: Not that it's wrong every time, it's just who cares? Are you trying to teach the men of the forum that unless they change themselves into "bad boys" they'll never get women?

7. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

unless all of our dads were "bad boys", its possible to get women without being one.

8. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

Depends on when they got together. :mamoru:

Was it the last minute freak out of the biological clock

9. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

More eloquently put. Thank you :rofl:

10. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

Though the one thing Yail says has a point. Don't listen to the average woman, they will say one thing and do something quite bit different. "oh I don't fuck on the first date" Then balls deep and their begging you to choke them.

etc....

But he is wrong about part of it. Perhaps he just hasn't met very outgoing girls, because I've met dozens that have been very forward in their persuit of sex. :dunno: small town AR vs bay area or college towns ?

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I think a lot of the guys here are hung up on the word "MOST."

The guys who get the MOST women are the bad boys.

It's our competitive nature and all that. :mamoru: Can't have someone out there getting more womenz than me.

12. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

oh, well then obviously, yeah, the bad boys are getting more women because they aren't the ones having near anxiety attacks at the mere thought of saying "hi" to one.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

its not her fault

attraction is not a choice

see this thread:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3806191

I'll just go ahead and start with the reality that something like 10% of children are raised by men who are not their biological fathers (the mother hit the "genetics jackpot" - the bad boy genes with the good provider to raise the kid).

When speaking in generalities, there are always exceptions.

I can understand that you don't want to accept the truth when it threatens your beliefs.

"Don't be a 'nice guy' "

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  14. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I refuted his first post with actual information. :dunno:

15. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Have you ever thought that maybe some men have standards and don´t just want to get laid every second of the day with whatever slut works through the door.

16. ForgottenSpiral

Ding ding ding!

Bad boys may get the most girls, but it says nothing of the quality.

17. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Don't bullshit yourself.

The frequency with which you masturbate is the frequency with which you want to get laid.

So if someone is masturbating everyday, then they want to have sex everyday.

I'll give you the "standards" part of it, but don't act like you don't want sex frequently. A lot of times, though, the "standards" part of it is just an excuse for not doing what you gotta do to get sex.

18. Ideotique

I had this discussion with a girl that flew over from the UK to meet me in Paris for 3 nights this week, so I gotta be doing something right.

Ignoring the hypocrisy of talking about this after spending a whole heap of time doing a whole heap of things with a chick I barely knew, was pretty interesting some of the conversations we had

Basically, it was her opinion, said before we had sober sex - drunken sex once before - that guys who see themselves as players and bad boys are generally crap in bed because they just dont give a shit. Those who go for longer term relationships and actually work on things are better at them.

Apparently I proved that theory right. Oh, yeah, long term relationship sort. Gotta make that one clear :mamoru:

19. Ideotique

Well, considering I haven´t had to for about 14 months apart from business trips and to fill in odd days when my ex and then my fuck buddy were away for work, then your logic would indicate I don`t want sex at all :rofl:

I just go about getting it a decent way. Its all been offered up before. I just haven`t accepted it because of my own reasons

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:cool:

She reached this opinion by having sex with "bad boys." She had sex with them because attraction is not a choice and they generally possess traits that many women are attracted to.

You lost me a little here.

Do you mean YOU are the long term relationship sort?

21. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:uh:

How often do you CUM? That's my point. If you are having sex everyday and "filling in the gaps" with masturbation, you WANT sex everyday.

And I was responding to this:

as if some guys don't want sex all the time. And my point is if you are masturbating/having sex/cumming everyday, then you DO want it all the time.

22. Ideotique

Sorry, wasn`t all that clear. I`m knackered basically. Flew out of Paris this morning for Barcelona and didn`t get much sleep for 3 nights..

Basically I tend to go for longer relationships rather than notches on the bedpost because it`s simply the type of person I am. And basically, and have been told this as well by a number of female friends who I have not nor never will sleep with, that they are always dissapointed when they drag home the bad boy type because it`s always a let down. Then they do it again. Women :dunno:

23. Ideotique

The way you phrased it read that basically unless you are out pulling a random bar skank every couple of nights you musn`t be getting any. That`s all

24. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

ok... that doesnt make the point any more true.

By that logic, it isnt a guys fault they are attracted to girls with perfectly round, tight bottoms, toned stomachs, and well shapped breasts...but most guys dont only run to those sorts of girls for sex/dating.

Girls like to throw it in guys faces that they are "pigs" or "shallow" for such attractions. Why cant I say that girls are illogical and ignorant for contiuously chosing guys bassed on their attractions?

25. ForgottenSpiral

Well I think promiscuous men develop their sexual skills differently. From the conversations I've had I would say they tend to discover a wider range of things that women like. Relationship guys on the other hand tend to learn what a particular woman wants. So when a girl first sleeps with a guy, the promiscuous guy might seem better because he knows different moves and can more easily find the right move for the girl, while the relationship guy will most likely try what worked before and then have to learn what makes the new girl tick. Long term the relationship guy will be the better lover, but short term the promiscuous guy is the better lay. Of course it is also possible that a relationship guy can have had enough previous partners that he is also experienced in a number of different women's bodies.