MIL The Corps.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kidhero, Sep 19, 2005.

1. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

We went to an army base today to prepare for our rifle qualification and in my two years in the Corps and of the six, three major, rifle ranges I've been to none compares to this reserve base in the middle of nowhere by the army.

I love the Corps.

I love the comradery. I love the training. I love my battle dress uniform. I love my dress blues. I love the history. I lovi e the weapons, the tactics, the vehicles, and I love my rifle. I love the weeks of staying in the field and still shaving every single day and blousing my boots in the middle of the night just to make a head call because I'm a Marine and only those army bitches, the air force brats, and the navy fags would be unset.

I love the foreign countries I've seen. I love the work I've done and I love the people I have met as a result of being an US Marine and the people I have met as a result of saying I'm an US Marine and the girls I have fucked as a consequence of being an US Marine.

That said I don't want to be in the Corps anymore. I'm tired and fed up of being a Marine. Of being told my benefits but realize much of it I can't use. Of knowing that many I've come in contact all want out. That a great majority of us do the same shit day in and day out without thanks or rewards while some of us do a lot more every day in a war zone.

I don't know how to feel that the only bankable asset that I have as an United States Marine, the tip of the spear, is the idea that somehow I'm magically imbued with super human powers and that the Corps is hardcore and tough and that we're professional killers held to a higher standard just because even though it's not true.

I'm tired of being told I'm going to Iraq every month but not ever get to go. I'm tired of being on the bus all packed to go to New Orleans for three months and not go. I'm tired of not having money to train for something. I'm tired of only being issued 9000 rounds of ammunition this fiscal year for 200 Marines.

I really do love the Corps but I'm tired of being in the Corps. I wish the Corps can get more love. I also bitch for the sole reason of bitching.

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Are you active duty or reserves? How long until your enlistment is up?

Have you considered going into the Army after this enlistment?

3. Darky

Darky New Member

If you get out, don't go Army...please, for your own sake. At least if you do, watch out to be sure the people you're with are well trained on their rifles. I spent 6 months in Afghanistan with the Corps and in that 6 months, no one from my unit had a misfire, accidental discharge, or lost rifle. While I was there, our CO found an M4 just chillin outside by the HQ building. So he picked it up and started carrying it around. Non-infantry Marines aren't issued M4s, so we knew it was a soldier's. Eventually he found it and asked our CO for it back and he said, no, I found it and I'm keeping it. It eventually worked up the chain to the Base CO, an Army Col. Finally our CO gave it to him. You can be damn sure that infantry soldier got his ass chewed for hours, days and even weeks after that. There was a 4 day stretch where there was an accidental discharge every day. The 1st was an attempt at clearing the rifle. He charged it to the rear, then removed the mag, pulled the trigger, with it aimed at his buddie's leg and shot his buddy in the leg. The next was 3rounds from a Mk 19 that somehow magically fired itself...Then came the guy who finished cleaning his rifle, slammed a mag into it, set it to burst, charged it to the rear and blew his friend's foot off. The last day was another rifle but no one was hurt. These were the combat guys, the ones who were supposed to know how to handle their weapons. I was there with an Air Control Squadron. I was in electronics repair. I hadn't been to the range since boot camp which was 2 yrs prior. We kept a full magazine in our rifles everywhere we went except to sleep. No problems. The Army had to start keeping empty mags in just to keep the dirt out but no rounds anymore. I have nothing against the Army, y'all were a group out there, but you need serious training on your rifles.

4. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

absolute pure USMC propaganda bullshit

5. Darky

Darky New Member

call it whatever you want, but my opinion is based on my experience, not just what I was told to believe...

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Coulda been worse, AF couldve had the weapons. :noes:

7. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

:rofl:

8. DaRkPhAnToM

yeah i was laughing my ass off when i read that too mainly because it wasn't true...

9. evan2

evan2 Guest

lol should of joined the AF at least we have money....

10. djbuzzfuzz

djbuzzfuzz OT Supporter

You're a reservist arent you?
    If so, that's not really the Marine corps.You have signed to do what most people in life call the "half assed" version.
    Do you have the USMC stickers?????or do you use the USMCR ones?

11. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

A Marine is a Marine is a Marine.

12. djbuzzfuzz

djbuzzfuzz OT Supporter

WEIRD!!!!
    I heard a reserve First Sergeant say that about 2 weeks ago :mamoru:

13. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Shitbrick is that you?! :o

14. Accord

Accord New Member

I thought you were supposed to shave everyday in the field because if there was a gas attack or something, you wouldn't get a perfect seal with your gas mask without a close shave? :dunno:

As far as the rest of your post, not really sure what to say since I haven't BTDT yet, but good luck to you in whatever you decide and I hope it all works out.

15. gookarachie

gookarachie New Member

Not so true. Yes they did earn the title and everything.

They are unsat bag o'asses. The cammies look like shit they leave ciggeret buts all over the place. They have no pride and just look like ass. Not to mention that they don't really know how to do there job either. that to me is not a marine maybe half the a marine. No more.

I call them tampons, they come out once a month or when the shit is really flowing.

16. DaRkPhAnToM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:bowdown:

that is fucking awesome, never heard that before. perfect description

17. *Ambiorix*

*Ambiorix* New Member

:rofl:

18. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

First of all ...darkphantom..rot in hell. I saw the same shit while I was in Iraq by army soldiers. Guy went to "clear" his rifle before entering the chow hall. FIRST OF ALL, your weapon was to be in CONDITION 4 AT ALL TIMES on this base, or green yellow or blue whatever your fuckos call it... . So. The motherfucker shoots his weapon in the clearing barrell (luckily) and no one was hurt. All kinds of officers standing around him (army officers) and what did they do? they laughed. YOUVE GOTTA BE FUCKING SHITTING ME. Ill leave that at that. you can say allllllllll you damn well please about marines..... and this and that and this and that. the army...im not impressed. im sorry. i support them.. they are my brothers too...but im not impressed.

and to the active duty marines on here. i can understand the comment towards reservist. id probably be saying the same shit if i was active. but. i can tell you that 2/24 earned ALOT of respect from the active duty marines in theatre. in fact, id be willing to be a cool K that our "reserve" unit did ALOT more in our 7 months in theatre than that of our previous "active" guys. With that said, again, i understand the comments though, and in most cases you may be right. As of 2/24....negative. semper fidelis devil dogs.

19. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

My buddy just came back from Marine basic and he told me that the Army is painting USMC on the sides of all their trucks in Iraq in order to avoid being attacked :rofl:

edit- i'm laughing at this because i think its BS

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  20. evan2

evan2 Guest

clean shave gets the best seal but its going to irrate your skin if its freshly shaven.. so a little bit of growth is best imo