GUN The completely incorrect way to shoot a USPSA classifier

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ChipOnShoulder, Aug 23, 2009.

1. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

[y]QuFiK4oDoFo[/y]

Helped AB13 set up a USPSA match today, and afterwards we played around on one of the less complex stages.

MG demonstrates the Tap, Rack, Bang below. No observable trigger jerk (more than can be said for me)and he correctly diagnoses the issue by glancing into the chamber. Very good!

[y]93GgC7z42ZM[/y]

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:coold: cool vids

3. That's what happens when you don't insert the mag all the way. Still, my time on that was pretty good, and I got practice with the tap-rack-bang. :)

We had a great time out there. For the first couple of hours we helped AB13 set up for the USPSA match tomorrow, then we played around in one of the bays. We get to try a lot of things down there that you can't do at most ranges.

4. ChipOnShoulder

sanks Hoss

[y]oE_kxgUnSKE[/y]

5. The white dot on the wall that I have circled is from Chip shooting through the wall on an earlier run. Oops. :mamoru:

[​IMG]

6. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

Cools vids!

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

Hey, thanks for all of your help guys! Most of my guys were at out of state matches and you guys were clutch, thanks again!

Quick video of one of the live fire exercise I had them do to complete their USPSA safety check before they are allowed to shoot at a match. And they both did awesome, you guys are ready for the real thing! :)

[y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0iv5QElEFw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0iv5QElEFw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/y]

Sorry I couldn't stick around as long as I wanted to and shoot some more, my day was back to back scrambling to get shit done. It was nice meeting you Chip, and good seeing you again MG!

BTW, that's MG on the clock and Chip shooting (1st guy).

8. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

:rofl: MG makes it look like the other 2 are in slow motion... thats nuts

9. pyite

pyite Member

That is AB13 third I think.

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

No, that's the correct way to do it. You don't want to get classed too high. :rofl:

i guess i should watch the vids before i comment next time :o

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  11. Aero277

Aero277 OT Supporter

Fixed...

AB13's videos make me :eek5::eek3: every time I watch them...his reloads are :run:

12. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

little slow on your reload ....

13. AB13

AB13 New Member

My personal best on that drill is actually 1.6 seconds (draw, 1 shot, reload, 1 shot) I was going over the some of the mechanics of the draw and reload with Chip, MG and the new shooter.

Points of the exercise...
    -Efficient is fast, eliminate all unnecessary movement.
    -Silent upper torso, nothing moves but my hands...
    -Proper gun index, allowing your gun to come up to your eye's
    -Reload: bringing the magwell into your face box and looking the mag into the gun.
    -Reload: importance of getting your support hand as fast as possible to the new magazine.

14. ChipOnShoulder

Good meeting you AB13.

Gotta start reloading for pistol calibers and practicing more with pistol shooting. Its definitely one of my weak spots.

15. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

nice. wish I had friends out here I could do this with. boring if I go by myself :-/

MG, which mag holders are those again? look quick as fuck to grab them. are they a poly material?

16. The mag pouches are just the FASTmag pouches. I got mine from Tactical Tailor. The speed in reloading is just from practice. :hs:

17. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

no I know that, I just meant it's a lot easier out of those rather than a fabric material like my MOLLE ones where I took off the covers

18. For sure. The FASTmag pouches are great. The reason I initially went with them over the standard nylon pouches are that the FASTmag pouches only go about half the way up the magazine, while the nylon pouches go most of the way up, making it harder to grab the mag out of the nylon patches.

19. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

yeah. I thought I had asked you about these after I watched the magpul vids :squint:

20. AB13

AB13 New Member

I can fix that, come out and shoot with me and my regular squad a few matches, if you have an open mind and a smidge of commitment you will get better, faster.

And like I said before, don't let equipment stop you, I have gear for every division you could ever want to shoot that requires a magazine.

21. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

I wish I lived near some of you guys.

For that matter, I wish I lived less than 5461 miles from my guns. :sad2:

I literally lay awake last night wondering wtf I'd do if people started shooting outside my apartment window here. Hunker down and call the cops I guess. Concrete walls should provide effective cover for quite a while against SMARMS anyway. :o