The Colbert Report v.comedycentral

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by steve3p0, Oct 6, 2005.

1. steve3p0

steve3p0 New Member

this better not suck. I just have a feeling its going to be a lame ripoff of the daily show. comedy central has been handing out shows to people who dont deserve them a lot lately: adam corola, carlos mencia, greg giraldo, jeff foxworthy, david spade. speaking of david spade, his show has to be the biggest daily show knockoff so far. I think they are hoping for another "chappelle show", but they arent going to find one. these shows, in addition to mad tv, have ruined comedy central. im sick of this shit.

okay i guess that turned into a rant, but the colbert report better be good.

2. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Since when is lampooning the news a Daily News owned idea?
    They didn't invent the fucking thing.

3. ThreeUp3Down

ThreeUp3Down New Member

Corrola(sp) is a damn genius. Him on Loveline is some of the funniest shit ever. However, it doesn't come across well on TV because his audience sucks like they are flashing a don't applaude sign above their heads, he doesn't flow as naturally on TV as radio for whatever, he doesn't have a partner to play of, and a half hour isn't enough time for him. I am a huge fan of his and while I will agree his show sucks I wouldn't label him undeserving.

Foxworthy sucks.

Mencia sucks.

Giraldo is alright but his show will most like be dry. I don't mean dry as in English wit but as dry in cottonmouth.

Spade could be funny but that show isn't the area for it,

4. unsightly

unsightly New Member

It was my impression that the Colbert Report will be more of a news-magazine-feature type parody, rather than a daily report kind of thing. It's not even going to be daily is it?

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

I think Stephen Colbert has a much better chance at suceeding with his show than every else you mentioned. I could care less about everyone else you listed, but I'm definitely going to tune in for Colbert's new show.

6. Anaconda

Anaconda I trust only one.

Colbert is the only reason I watch the Daily Show.