The BMW E60: how reliable are six cylinder models & when is the new model launching?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Pussysmith, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

You all have convinced me against a 7-series. The current 5 is looking better and better now. I can get a 525 or 530 and that seems like it would get decent gas mileage to boot. What is the reliability on these models (all things, not just the amazing inline six)? Also, when will a replacement come out (that should surely drop prices further)?

2. statedog

statedog New Member

I have a v8 model, but engine/drivetrain is pretty reliable.
    Other little things might cost you (creaking rear deck, door seals, my active hids locked up) but everything was covered under warrenty. In fact i suggest you look for a CPO one if you can.

3. Nitroholic00

Nitroholic00 Guest

fyi e39 > e60

4. Zot

Zot OT Supporter

^^^

In terms of a timeless look, I agree that the E39>E60, but that's about it. The E60 looks good in its own way(although I think it will age quickly), and is better in terms of refinement(what do you expect, it's a newer car).

Edit: After looking at turbo35's post, I would have to say that the E39 is also > E60 in terms of driver involvement and enjoyment, if you're an enthusiast.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  5. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

My buddy's e60 has idle/throttle response issues, fucking bullshit for such a $$$ car

He likes driving his 1995 525i better, new BMW's have lost all their soul. :(