The Best of the Best for tire shiners...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by shtgreen5, May 8, 2005.

1. shtgreen5

shtgreen5 Guest

What do you guys use to shine your tires? I just bought some eagle tire shine and it doesn't work very well...

Favorite brands?
    Methods?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Product list sticky is your friend.

Personally, I like Armor All. Since it was reformulated, it is an excellent product. I apply it with the Eagle One Tire Swipes.

3. 87Z

87Z OT Supporter

Im saving for another car right now, so Im cheap. Because of that, Ive got whatever we use at work :hs: Im not even sure of the brand or name

4. Ryno

Ryno Gun in hand

I like meguiars hot shine tire spray. it has an adjustable nozzle and it stays a nice deep black for a long time without turning brown.

5. black 3g

black 3g Guest

I love Shining Monkey No Spitting Tire Spray. It is better than anything I have ever used. It is very easy to apply and dries instantly. I have not seen any tire sling in the 4-5 months that I've been using it. It leaves a nice matte or "new tire" look too. It will leave a glossier finish with more than one coat, but I'm not a big fan of shiny tires. I will not go back to any other tire shine after using this product.

6. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms OT Supporter

Armor All. Cheap, decent shine, decent lifespan.

7. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

I like Meguiar's Endurance. It lasts, but most importantly I don't get any sling from it. So that makes me happy.

8. WickedLou9

WickedLou9 Deep cover terrorist gerbil

Werd. The Meguiars high gloss endurance tire shine. It's a purple goopy liquid. It goes on with a foam applicator pad. It is really thick and shiney and it stays on for weeks. It's great stuff.

9. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

Same here....it last a very long time for me. :)

10. Ballast

I've used Poorboy's Bolt-N-Bright tire dressing, but as soon as it barely gets damp (like dew in the morning) it wears off. But at least I didn't get any sling with it either.

11. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Scott what type of finish does it leave? Matte or glossy? How does it look after driving in the rain.

I tried some stuff from Top of the Line and it lasted all of one day. Looked great that day but man, can you say water based!

12. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

On neglected tires on high in jobs I scrub clean with Wesley's white wall & tire cleaner on reg tires I use a citrus cleaner, I spray Wesley's white wall & tire cleaner on a foam pad and then apply it on the tire then using a nylon brush to scrub, Using a hard stiff brushes kind of dulls the tire I think. It is important to clean off the cleaning chemical residue off the tire, I Use a foam pad lots of water to rub off the residue., Let dry, I like ether 303 or Armor all, Armor all gives a blacker glosser finish, 303 a natural finish.

My best dressing on high end jobs is Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel, it last longer, looks better. nothing beats Wolfgang tire gel on what I have used so far.

Why do I use different ways to do tires, because it keeps the cost down, sample: a family car looks great with Armor all on tires and a high end sports car looks better /w Wolfgang tire gel

What does a tire dressing do? Uv protection, repeal dust & dirt, water poof, make the tire black and smooth, last a long time if your tire dressing does all five then you have a good tire dressing.

What are some tire dressings made of? graphite for blackness and silicone for gloss and other added stuff. unnatural, greasy look.

What are good tire dressings? When applied it neatly and evenly, penetrate the tire walls. This gives a handsome, well-dressed gloss that compliments the vehicle. repelling UV rays, rain, and detergents & repeal dust & dirt and last a long time.

NorthPac

13. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

What's "sling"? :dunno:

14. Ballast

"Sling" is the term for black shit that flys (slings) off your tires and up onto the side of your car. Kinda like spatter....

15. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Avoid Westlys, it decreases the life of your tires, too harsh.

16. Scottwax

It leaves a semi-gloss look. Take a look at any of the pics I post and you will know how it looks. Still looks decent after driving in the rain.

Northpac-try Meguiars new Tire Cleaner, it does an excellent job removing old tire dressing build-up.

17. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

I just tried Four Stars Ultimate Tire Gel today for the first time. I applied it with a sponge tire applicator, and the tires look marvelous, very bright and shiny, for those of you who like that look. (Like me)

18. Scottwax

I think the gels look great and last a long time but I get some build-up though.

Comments? :dunno:

19. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

Scott, I'll keep an eye on it, this is the first I have tried it......thanks for alerting me though.

20. millennium328

millennium328 New Member

NEVER USE BLUE CORAL TIRE DRESSING.... So much fuckin sling it is rediculus

21. 91RS

91RS If this flag offends you... you need a history les

I usually use Armorall, but I tried Black Magic's new tire shiner, and it works great.