The best 37 inch LCD/Plasma TV is...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jws0318, Nov 19, 2007.

1. jws0318

jws0318 dude looks like a lady....sortof

??

What's the best? This is the max size i can fit - what should i get?

2. sweetcheeks

sweetcheeks Patron Saint of Quality Footwear

in for answer, as I'm shopping for the same.

Another question, is 1080p worth the extra in a TV of this size? no thread hijack intended.

3. Bitter Moose

Bitter Moose OT Supporter

I have a 37" Panasonic Plasma. I had to go 37" also due to where I wanted to mount it. Anyway, I'd highly recommend the Panasonic plasmas. As for 1080p, I sure wouldn't worry about it. I think the statistic is that 3% of all media is 1080p right now. And then consider that you'd probably have to be within 3 feet of the screen to tell a difference on a 37"; it really starts to become a pointless idea.

4. jws0318

jws0318 dude looks like a lady....sortof

Ok, so i bought a 42 inch plasma instead - I couldn't resist the deal - Hitachi P42H401 from Sears - regularly 1400, on sale for 776.00, plus a 10% discount for using my Sears card. With tax, out the door for 750.00.

Of course now i need a new entertainment stand to fit the bitch, but it's worth it!

5. Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry OT Supporter

In smaller TV's (<42") you won't notice a difference between 720p and 1080p unless you're sitting pretty close (5-6ft or less) to it.

Here's a handy little chart that will give you a good idea: http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  6. CreditMVP

CreditMVP Dr. Johnny Fever

you know i always thought samsung was pretty good. but noone else had faith in it cause it was a korean company. now everyone loves it. circuit city has good customer reviews about it. element is tv company from china. say what u want but i believe this will be the next big trend. chinese flat panel tv's. they're cheap as hell and best bang for ur buck. only bad thing bout em so far is the sound quality. easily fixed if u have aux speakers

7. cxhatchback

cxhatchback New Member

Sharp Aquos beats all IMO.