the apple store fucking rocks.. fixed my mac book pro in 6 hrs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LOUDSYSTEM, Feb 15, 2008.

1. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM New Member

so the right side latch that swings down that locks the lid down broke and only would lock on the left side

so i went in and had them pre order the part so my laptop didnt sit there.. they got the part in 3 days then i dropped it off at lunch time today and got a call 6 hrs later saying they replaced the entire bottom of the laptop and its ready to come pick up
    :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

2. bovine

bovine New Member

Yeah, it was apparent that my Macbook had taken a fall during its lifetime (My pannier bag fell off into the fucking street when I jumped a curb. :eek3: It's since been deadbolted to the frame).

Even so, they fixed my hard drive, keyboard and display bezel a week before my warranty was up. Additionally they told me not to buy Applecare, which I was planning to do, because the laptop would probably not be covered anyway. So not only did they save me countless hundreds by fixing my laptop, but they also saved me ~$300 by telling me not to buy their extended warranty. Seriously. :bowdown:

3. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

depends

i think its probably better at the smaller stores
    i have to go to the hugeass store on michigan avenue in chicago, and its such a fucking zoo that its hard to get anything done. I've never had a problem with a computer, but i've taken in ipods twice, both times the HD just died, and they tried to give me this bullshit about reformatting it both times, even though the first thing i did was reformat them when they started giving errors. I had to do a lot of bitching to get it replaced :(

4. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

Yeah, they've always been accomodating to me; I had a battery fail a week past warranty, they agreed to replace it and then didn't have any "replacement parts" in stock, so the guy walked out onto the floor and pulled one from retail packaging and sent me on my way.

Before that I had a key break off my keyboard and so I wouldn't have to wait for them to order the replacement, they went into the back and pulled a key off another MBP that was waiting for repair parts and installed that one at the counter and sent me packing.

5. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

my iphone ive had since release date got a dead pixel 2 weeks ago, i took it in, and they swapped it out no problem :bowdown:

the swapped one started getting shitty reception, took it in a few days ago, and they swapped it out again :bowdown:

6. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

I have always been happy with the local Genius Bar. One reason I have NO problem paying extra to own a MBP over a Dell, HP, etc.