LGBT The anti-gay theme on other web boards...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RedGoober4Life, Mar 18, 2004.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129368

:eek3: Other automobile boards too. I got quite pissy today. Ever since I joined it's been like that. Part of me thinks that I shouldn't have opened my mouth in the first place, but then the other part of me says I shouldn't sit on it. I just don't understand people. Anybody else notice this?

Maybe I'm just being a prick about it.

:wiggle:

2. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

well, it's a car board....

automobiles are synonymous with masculinity. And many people believe that gays aren't as masculine as breeders (which is the case sometimes, to be honest).

So, being gay on a car forum is like being gay on a theology forum (I post under "Andrew" on theologywebsite.com sometimes. Talk about anti-gay).

I know your struggle though... It's difficult. I recently learned some great lessons from some mods around here (Deffy, for one). Just ignore it. Close your "emotional window" and totally ignore the blatant ignorance. It really works.

3. RedGoober4Life

:wiggle: There are nicer boards out there. Such as...this one. And others. Even Autopia (detailing board) has very respectable people. I know what you're saying, I think that joined with 2 hours of sleep got me really pissed off. :)

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...exactly! Everyone knows that I've taken some heat on the boards... Sometimes people just cannot handle deviation from what they consider to be the norm, which can make personal expression a personal hell... Stay true to yourself, give your .02, and get the hell out of the thread! :hs:

5. RedGoober4Life

The actual thread was from here. It was FFFFIFFTAAAY's comments, I posted them there. I didn't even say anything about me. ;)

6. veinomenoca

veinomenoca Guest

OT just has it's ups and downs. That's it's down and your now in an up. It gets hilly but remember where your home is and that the people here don't judge you.

Lurker, first post. Bi-curios.

7. akilshohen

akilshohen Guest

8. bri1042

bri1042 New Member

I had much the same sort of experience on clubrsx. Turned into a huge argument, lots or rudeness and bigotry. I rarely even post there anymore. I really like my car and its sad that people try so hard to push alt-folk away. Somedays I can just feel the closet pulling me back in.

9. RedGoober4Life

So I've recieved a few IMs thanking me for my thread. :hs: Apparently I wasn't the only one on HAN. Oh well. Most of them deserve a big :slap: .

10. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Ok, so I went to that thread and that one guy Converse really started all kinds of drama. It was the most ignant thread I've ever read, and the way the people lashed back was like off the chain (OMG, reading that thread made me use more urban vernacular...hehe)

11. akilshohen

akilshohen Guest

LOL
    in addition, there was a time when the admin just made a gay section of the site because people from a rival site were postin most of the dumb stuff.
    But that was wrong for him to post that he would fuck someone to death. It just came straight out of the blue.