MMA The amount of power chuck packs

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Rommel, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

is downright scary.

Somtimes i think he is a somewhat (better than) average striker but who has incredible ko power. Some of those shots just don't look that powerful but when they connected they rocked randy everytime.

Having said that i think randy fought a stupid fight, it looked like he didn't adapt to how chuck reacted at all and just came forward onto chucks counter punching. Dunno if i'm this right but i think he could have had an easier fight if he actually made chuck come forward and keep him uncertain and then shoot.

2. chackrafool

chackrafool New Member

:werd:
    He shouldn't of tried to stand up with Chuck. It looked like Chuck had the reach on him, and that's something that chuck used completely to his advantage. Chuck controlled his distance ftw , I love watching Chuck strike...Kempo background = great hands :bigthumb:

3. He does have some enormous power and is also very accurate with his punches. I'm sure that he doesn't put everything into all of his punches like some people and that allows him to be as accurate as he can while still having a lot of power behind the punches. Everytime Randy got hit it hurt like hell so he was too afraid to shoot in. Chuck has great defense against shoots anyway. It looked like Randy was hoping to clinch but could never get in close enough.

4. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Ya Randy looked like he was gonna stand with him. He just stood there right infront within Chuck's range but not his own trying to counter punch a much better striker. After Chuck grabbed the fence that one time it looked like Randy lost the will to do any more takedowns.

I never understood why Horn, Randy, and Tito all tried to stand with Chuck knowing how good he was at it. Sure he can sprawl but all their shot attempts were pretty half assed anyways. Horn only shot in once he got rocked and dropped to his knees right away instead of plowing through.

5. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I kept reading the word "pucks" in the title

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

randy didn't fight a stupid fight...he wasn't trying to exchange, but he was finding a window of opportunity for the takedown. chuck's takedown defense is one of the best around. randy is awesome at using the cage for his offense, but chuck is probably just as good as using it for his defense

7. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

What is nutty about Chuck is that his ko punches usually don't even look very hard... They just knock the crap out of the guy on the receiving end...

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

chucks got power and amazing takedown defense as stated... He's also become much more keen in standup when it comes to striking, counter-striking, and dodging punches. I think he's in his prime now and a much better fighter than a couple of years ago. It seems to me like his earlier fights were more about brute force and the fact that he could take a beating, and when given a chance, knock the other guy out real easy. Now he seems a lot sharper and he creates opportunity rather than waiting for it.

9. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

i think he did

chuck figured him out the second time and randy didn't seem to learn from that.

10. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Good fight, I think Randy would have lost even if he hadn't slipped but how can you expect him to keep the level he was once at.
    Speaking of Chucks punches, the fact that he has knocked out Randy twice and no one else ever has says something. I think it is the way he finished his punches, he doesn't pull back from them as quickly as most do, that's just my observation. Randy did what he could, I mean HONESTLY, what are you supposed to do with Chuck facing you? back up? every time someone starts to backup he seems to sense fear and the punches come in immediately in barages and all anyone can do is try cover up. I don't know, he is an animal. I wish more fighters fought with his "killer" mentality. I mean Riggs is a tool in the cage it seems, had he smelt defeat in Diaz he would have followed up his big punches that landed with some combo's and put Diaz on his ass fast. instead he made a big punch and then would back off, giving like 10ft of room for Diaz to clear his head.
    Chuck just doesn't do that, and figure the person who said Chuck is in his prime, I agree 100%, where as Randy is far from. No much of an apples to apples fight.
    Hat's off to Randy for taking the fight, that is one bad ass dude!:bowdown: