MIL The 4 military contractors killed in Iraq...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

When I heard that there were 4 military contractors killed in Iraq a couple days ago, I really didn't think much of it because we hear things like this on the news almost everything. Well tonight on the NBC Nightly News they actually did a piece of each of the 4 people killed, and one of them was Scott Helveston, I couldn't believe it. If anyone here has ever seen the reality show "Combat Mission" on the USA Channel that aired like a year ago, you'll know who i'm talking about. He was this badass ex-Navy Seal that was untouchable, he was in a bunch of movies and on a bunch of military related TV shows, I can't believe he was one of the people killed, it's shocking.

The fucking sick ass Iraqi bastards drug their bodies threw the streets and mutilated them, just absolutely disgusting. Too bad we can't send all those bastards to the 72 virgins.

I'm sure there are other people on OT that know who he was and have seen Combat Mission, if so speak up.

wow...

2. GucciGucci

GucciGucci Active Member

I remember watching that show.

When I first saw his name and picture in the news, it sounded familiar. Then I realized it was the same guy who was on the show.

RIP

3. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

The U.S needs to stop bieng so warm and fuzzy over there and start giving those bastards some cold prickelys, perferably in the form of bullets, napalm, tomahawk missiles, Etc. Screw the innocent women and children, just kill them all.

4. RokeePower

RokeePower Guest

Reporters had video of the murders, dragging the burned bodies behind a truck. The military took the video inhanced it, made still shots of the faces, put all the faces in a pamplet and handed it out to the Marines headed to the area.

Those folks are about to find themselves on the bussiness end of a M16.

Gen. Mark Kimmitt warned that "Coalition forces will respond. They are coming back (to Fullujah), and they are going to hunt down those responsible for this bestial act. It will be at a time and place of our choosing. It will be methodical, it will be precise, and it will be overwhelming."

5. GucciGucci

GucciGucci Active Member

The US military should just send in a few bus loads of armed and pissed off Shiites. They'll clean up the town for free.

6. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

ok.. then why did they invade their country in the first place?

god the media has you people fucked over good

you see that US soldiers are attacked in Iraq.. you go "OH NO!!!"

but you dont think, why are they there? Why did they kick the government out and invade just like the Germans invaded France or Poland or any other conquest they did under WW2?

WMD are out, now they administration is saying that its to free the Iraqi people who were being opressed. Ok, Saddam was a bad guy, but how will going rock-and-roll on the population with everything you've got help the Iraqi people? All you'll get is a death toll larger than the 6000 civillians now and then you can't say that Saddam would have killed more if we left him in power.

7. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

Yes the goal of the US is WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!! I knew it!! :ugh:

Seriously that's a really stupid anology.

8. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

whats the difference between panzers rolling towards Paris along country roads and US Abram's rolling across the desert towards Baghdad.

The US were a lot nicer to the locals but its till an invasion: enemy soldiers/resisters get killed if they dont surrender, government gets taken apart and you put your own people in place.

9. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

The difference is the reason for the invasion. Hitler wanted to take over the world and kill pretty much everyone. The US is a little different than that.

10. Discrepancy

Discrepancy Guest

Holy fucking wow. :ugh:

The fact that Iraq was a dictatorship? He let his men do whatever they wanted to his people? They'd invaded countries in the past? The broken UN sanctions?

Someone comparing Nazi Germany invading Paris to current day America invading Iraq is beyond batshit insane. :ugh:

11. faramarz

faramarz Guest

as much as i am disgusted about this event, im wondering why Americans are objecting to this.. why? you have no right. Don't forget America, you are at WAR. yes W.A.R. - brutal killings, innocents dying and marauders becoming heroes etc... live it it, if not oppose and get bush to pull out the troops.

and btw, its not like this is "the" worst thing that could happen to a human. but unfortunately none of those other incident surface the media. :hammer:

12. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

but its STILL A FUCKING invasion. Who cares about the leaders. Its an occupation, those don't happen all that much these days as they did in say, the 13th century.

Its the same type of attack, but because since one party is the "good guys" (US) then they aren't really invaders.. thats what I call "batshit insane"

Was the invasion of Iraq not an invasion? What was it then? Even CNN calls it an invasion. Would you call it a "police action" or something then? Comming in, taking out the enemy's military, taking out their government and occupying the land is an invasion. Why are we even arguing about this?

13. Discrepancy

Discrepancy Guest

Of course it was an invasion.

But I don't know how you could seriously compare the Nazis attempting to take over France with America invading Iraq. It's a bad analogy. Yes, they're both invasions, but the circumstances are so different.

14. EverGreen

EverGreen New Member

What I dont get is if youre such a badass then dont die like that

15. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

i compared the german panzer blitzkreig to the US armoured cavalry advance....thats all. I did not compare the ideologies of the invaders, if i made it out to be that way then yes it was bad

16. DK

DK New Member

still, whats the point of that analogy? in most wars you have MBTs rolling through some kind of environment.

at the end of the day it comes down to this, imho: the coalition wanted to free iraq from saddam, but one half of the iraqis didnt want to be freed, while the other half wants an fundamental islamistic regime like in iran. you cant save someone who doesnt want to be saved.

17. Accord

Accord New Member

Any large military force rolling into another country can be considered an invasion, so why the hell did you just so happen to compare it to the Nazi's invading France? There are thousands of other military events and occupations that have taken place in history, why choose this particular one of the Nazi's invading France? Why not compare it to the United States and allied forces invading and liberating Germany in WW2?

What you said is like an argument a second grader would come up with, if you're just comparing those two things then you can compare the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq to EVERY SINGLE invasion that has ever taken place in the history of this world :rolleyes:.

You have a piss poor argument that is completely irrelevant to anything said in this thread.

18. The otherAustin Phil

The otherAustin Phil "Hey, do you have a solid quarter for this?"

Nice. We will see who the fuck is laughing and dancing now when they drag their smelly bodies out of their homes in plastic bracelets. I think it should be done in a VERY public way.Let the folks there in town know how it is going to be. I didn't realize one of those guys had done TV and mil videos.

Blastin' the entire town as some suggested is not an option. It has to be very targeted to minimize innocent deaths. Even in a town like that there are folks who didn't think what happened out there in the street was proper. Looking back strategically in the "hot war" not being able to come down from the north(thanks Turkey) with a large division and fight through towns in The Sunni Triangle left way to many old regime types that have no options after being displaced but to do what they are doing. Between that, the imported trouble makers and newly inspired folks I think things like this ugly incident will occur for a long time.

19. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

I'm sorry mom, but sine I'm in 2nd grade (going into 3rd this year :bigthumb: ) i couldn't think of any other War in the past 60 years where massive armoured elements rolled in with air support towards a country's capital in order to take it.

These are how people argue their arguements on this forum: they take some insignificant detail of what someone posted and blow it up and direct their comments towards that insignificant detail so they don't have to answer to what the person's point was.

20. Accord

Accord New Member

That insignificant detail is the only thing you even attempted to argue, hypocrite.

21. Fordgasm

Fordgasm Mike Trout > All

You need to read up on your history more. The Germans didnt invade France to go right for Paris. Their goal was the destruction of the British and French armies. Hence they reached the channel before they reached Paris. The major portions of the allied armies were well north of Paris in May/June 1940. Paris was also an open city, given up without a fight.

Sue me for nitpicking.

22. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

Baghdad went out without a fight either. The scattered French army resistance put up more of a fight than the Iraqis did, and the tank analogy still stands.

23. whats funny is we arent even doing missions in fellujah, thats how bad it is. these clowns still acted like we were firmly in control. the situation in iraq is going to get ugly.

24. GA400

GA400 New Member

Umm, Hitler didn't have an exit plan for Poland or France. He planned to stay there.

25. GA400

GA400 New Member

Your humble opinion fails to correctly calculate the number of Iraqis that actually supported Saddam and ignores recent polls that show that most Iraqis, even Shiites, do not want a fundamentalist islamic government.