LGBT The 24th Day

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Jul 15, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I was just looking up the new X Men film, and I stumbled upon this lil gem... It's about Scott Speedman and James Marsden, as they star in this thriller about a gay man who picks up a bisexual at a bar and finds himself captive.

[​IMG]
    Trailer => http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246404/trailers

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]REVIEW:[/font]
    [font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Writer/director Tony Piccirillo has adapted his own stage play for film in this somewhat static, but compelling gay film. The film opens with Dan (James Marsden, hunk of X Men movies) picking up Tom, Scott Speedman from the WB series "Felicity,"at a bar. Their easy banter turns uncomfortable when Tom pulls away from the kiss. (BTW -- they never kiss, and shirts/pants stay on during the whole film.) Tom confesses that he's been with only one man before -- Dan says he's not a slut, but he's had experience. Dan tells Tom he's always safe, and that he's had anal sex only seven times in his life. These are all important conversational elements to remember as the film progesses. But Dan is flirtatious and quite comfortable in his sexuality -- there's something wrong with Tom, but we can't quite put our finger on it. When things go south, Dan tries to take off, but the door is locked and Dan isn't going anywhere soon. While there are only two major characters, there are flashbacks which bring some life to the dingy apartment the film was shot in. Just these two pieces of eye candy playing queer characters make 24th Day worth buying, but this is a compelling thriller as well. Not a big budget, special effects or sex -- just two fine actors in a room telling us a story.

[/font]

2. CoCo

Better NOVA??

:rofl:

3. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

FINALLY!!!!! a gay movie that i might see!

4. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

If you were nice and asked me, I would have edited the title for you. :o :fawk:

5. CoCo

you shoulda known by the gay...

If you were nice and really knew me, you would have assumed I wanted it changed AND actually changed it for me. :o :fawk: :rofl:

6. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

this one has potential :)