That's it, no more Mr. Nice Guy... / nice guys finish last

Discussion in 'Archives' started by SQLee, Apr 30, 2002.

1. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

That's it, no more Mr. Nice Guy...

I've had it. I'm through with this shit. I'm TIRED of being the nice guy who gets NOWHERE with girls. I'm putting an end to it. So, ladies and gentlemen of OT, I turn to you to help me shed the nice guy image. What can I do to change?

2. ballistic

ballistic I dunno, play chess...screw?

Nothing any of us can say is going to help you. It's just one of those things you have to change for yourself.

All I can say is that I had the same problem. You just have to realize that women like guys with confidence. You don't have to be an asshole, just assert yourself and be the "Alpha Male". You don't have to treat them like shit, just don't let them walk on you.

If you're shy, just realize that women don't mind having guys talk to them. Just make it a point to start conversations with attractive women. If the conversation goes well, ask to take her out for lunch or coffee or something, don't start out with dinner. Remember that the worst thing that can happen is that she'll say no. Big fucking deal. Move on and find some other hottie. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually talking to attractive women will be no big deal.

Like I said, I've been there too, so best of luck to you.

3. SQLee

I'm sort of shy but it's not real bad, and I have some confidence but I could stand to have a bit more. It's not like I get nowhere with girls. It's just I think I'm too nice and I get stuck in the fucking friend zone. I never want to end up there again.

4. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

don't change.

5. Dizro

Dizro Guest

this nice guy finishing last crap is a MYTH. perhaps you're just lookin in the wrong places. there are a lot of girls out there that are looking for nice guys. seriously, they are whether you wanna believe it or not. i cant' stand someone bitching about how they can't get girls coz they're the nice guy. that's a bunch of bullshit. either you're just naturally a chick-repeller or you're not goign about meeting girls the right way. you're never too nice, you just lack confidence. you're afraid of rejection. you ain't gonna ever get a girl that way my friend. nothing you want will ever come to you. that's what i've learned. you have to work for what you get. and if you ain't willin to fork out the effort, you may as well join the priesthood (but even that doesn't guarantee anything apparantly these days :rolleyes: )

6. MiseryIndex

:bigthumb:

nice guys just need patience....

7. daft punk

daft punk New Member

are you unattractive? maybe thats the reason

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

and they need to stop whining cause no one wants a whiny guy

9. MiseryIndex

i never whined. its just in my nature to be unhappy :dunno:

10. MiseryIndex

you have 10 years on me...its understandable.

11. Fatghost28

Fatghost28 Guest

Most "nice" guys are really just annoying nerds who whine about how wonderful they are while ignoring "nice" girls around them and fantasizing about chicks that are too good for them.

:fawk:

Don't worry about being nice or an "asshole"

Just grow some balls and be confident, learn to love yourself, and stop being a whiny bitch. If you do that, then chicks will respect you and treat you right.

12. just another guy

just another guy Active Member

:( So true! Now I just need to grow some balls :(

13. Re: That's it, no more Mr. Nice Guy...

Don't Change. :wtc:

14. Midgetized

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about these "nice guys".

15. Midgetized

:werd:

16. Fishbait

Fishbait Guest

the only way to make it out of the pit of hell known as "the nice guy" is to get your heart torn apart by some biaznatch that you really liked.. then and only then will you leave the nice guy behind.

:rl:

17. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

<------ notice the nick.

another has turned to the dark syde... im still essentially nice, but most girls are attracted to my 'fuck you all' side... all the same person tho.. so :dunno:

18. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

my patience burned up a long time ago as well... not gonna wait for months on end waiting ... or hookin up with fucked up chix all the time...

19. im still a nice guy with a little DIE YOU FUCKERS thrown in

20. SQLee

Ok well...I had to leave for a while, I'm back, I will now reply to you guys.

21. SQLee

Alright...I don't excessively whine. I'm a pessimist, yes, but I don't bitch and moan about everything...ESPECIALLY to girls I wanna get with. If I wanna bitch and moan I'll go to someone I don't wanna get with (a platonic chick friend, or a guy friend), or I'll come on OT! :fawk:

I don't think I'm unattractive, but I don't think I'm all that cute either. However, most girls think I'm cute. :dunno:

Maybe I am looking in the wrong places, but it's just hard to find a girl that appreciates a nice guy. If I find one, somehow I get stuck in the friend zone, even if the girl thinks absolutely nothing is wrong with me and finds me attractive. It's so damn confusing :confused:

22. SQLee

Oh yeah, and I'm trying to like..."find myself" ya know? And I'm doing a decent job at it. I'm trying to be happy with myself and I'm making a decent amount of progress. And like I said I do have some confidence, not a lot, but an adequate amount I guess. :dunno:

23. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning AWD Member

nice guys finish first

to all the guys who are complaining how they cant get girls, this worked well for me:

have self confidence
    be outgoing
    be NICE and RESPECTFUL (IE dont treat women like objects EVER)

the idea that nice guys get no where is BS, i used to think it too. you just have to know how to be a good guy and you're all set

24. SQLee

You changed the title :squint:

25. Cashishift

Cashishift Well-Known Member

but generally guys like myself and many guys out there.. do all this stuff.. and get burned hardcore.. example..

i was working at my job, and this new girl was there, i had been told she was a transfer from another store.. i saw her and instantly said, she is way out of my league.. well we started talking, lots and lots of flirting.. i ended up meeting her parents(which i THOUGHT was a big deal, but i guess everyone meets her parents.. ) we ended up having the same school schedule.. so i offered to take her to school and home.. cause we had the same schedule.. i mean her and i got along so well, people thought we were married.. we cried together, she told me stuff she hadn't ever told anyone.. i knew basically her whole life story.. and why she was the way she was.. she had kinda been around the block and she knew i didn't really care for that, and she would always ask me why it didn't bother me.. and i just never really said anything.. and basically it was because i wanted her bad.. well anyways, it came down to it.. we had been just talking and so forth.. well i brought up the question.. lets me more than friends.. she said, i need more time, i gave her like 2 months.. asked again.. got the big fat.. i don't want to date you..
    anyways, the thing that pretty much made me think otherwise was one night, i was at a firends house, and she called me.. just drunk as hell.. someone had put rufies in her drink(we later find out) and she wanted to leave.. so me being the gentlemen told her i would be down there as soon as i could to get her home safe.. thats all i wanted, to make sure she got home safe, no, well she is drunk, time to make a move.. but no, i get there, and this guy she had been seeing from school(at this point we were still kinda thinking about it.. but she liked him too) shows up.. TORE UP drunk.. like he could barely walk.. and who does she ride home with, the drunk dood.. i was pissed out of my mind.. me and my buddy got in my car.. and just cranked up some music and drove home.. the next day she had enough nerve to tell me she would have never talked to me if i would have taken her home and tried to get on her.. i couldn't believe she would say something liek that..
    moral of the story.. being a gentleman, hasn't gotten me anywhere.. which is terrible.. i treated her better than any guy she had ever dated did.. her AND her mom told me this.. i just don't understand..