thats it, i'm getting some moose

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by TekniX, Mar 22, 2004.

1. TekniX

TekniX OT Supporter

i've been a sealant fant up to now (still use it on my car for the durability)
    but the dang swirls/hazing that show up just from washing are :rant2: on my parents cars :rant2: :rant2:

will the MOOSE WAX and the CARNUBA WAX be a good step? or should i get VANILLA MOOSE and CARNUBA WAX? what should i expect for durability?

2. Danno

Danno Bronx Poodle OT Supporter

What's your wash routine? You shouldn't be getting any kind of hazing/swirls from washing unless you aren't doing it correctly.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:werd:

Also, you should pick up the Carnauba Moose and the Vanilla Moose.

4. Danno

I've yet to try the Carnauba Moose, I have 4 bottles of Vanilla Moose in the garage, I'm going to have to order some of the Carnauba Moose and try it out.

Haven't decided yet what wax I'm going to use this summer. I did the S100 last summer, time to try something new. I have a bottle of NXT to try out, but for some reason I don't think I'll be sticking to that.

5. TekniX

TekniX OT Supporter

MY car is perfect (almost)
    i use 2 buckets, meguiars soap, rinse often, gentle pressure, do it at night so there is no sun, change rinse bucket water about 3 times, do not drag the towel when drying .....and so on.
    my PARENTS do the exact opposite of everything i listed, i give up on trying to teach them, and won't mention it anymore, they care just in their own way

it seems that vanilla moose is moose w/ no wax
    what is the point of buying vanilla moose :dunno: , i already have a cleaners swirl removers that i'm confterble with. do you guys recommend their carnuba wax which is not listed in the product page, just in the order page.

thanks for quick replies

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  6. Danno

Vanilla Moose alone does offer some paint protection. From what I've seen of the Carnauba Moose, it's a good product. Talk to Scottwax, I'm almost positive he's used the combo on several vehicles.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

TekniX-Vanilla Moose is a glaze. It has very fine abrasives to remove light swirls and scratches. It will definitely add noticable gloss when used prior to waxing. Follow with the Carnauba Moose for longer protection and a wetter and deeper look.

You may have to use a dedicated swirl remover first though. I know Mr. Glass of Clearkote is working on a product for heavier swirl removal than VM, but it isn't out yet. Check the product list for good swirl removers.