A&P That wedding I shot...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by DeepRun™, Jul 3, 2008.

1. DeepRun™

DeepRun™ Guest

I took about 600 shots and ended up keeping 375 with some that were borderline usable but didn't bother with. Exterior ones came out great and the darker interior ones were obviously hit or miss.

I sorta found a setting I was comfortable with and stuck with it for as much as I could. I didn't want to risk taking a bunch that looked great on the LCD but were way too blurry at full crop.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jscullin/collections/72157605947894641/

Most fun shot:
    [​IMG]

2. Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute New Member

That pic would be great, but it's WAY underexposed. I have to squint to see the details.

If your histogram looks like this, you're doing it wrong.

[​IMG]

Fixed:

[​IMG]

3. DeepRun™

DeepRun™ Guest

It does! Taking proper photos using the Histogram is something I haven't deciphered yet. And it's what separates the men from the boys so they say.

I adjusted it in Lightroom. I do need to correct some of the pink in the interior shots.

4. Dwight Schrute

It looks like you took that photo in manual mode. Any reason why? Or are you just trying to get experience with exposure?

If you quickly looked at the histogram on your camera's LCD after you took the shot, you would have seen all the data was bunched towards the left. That means it is underexposed.

5. DeepRun™

DeepRun™ Guest

Well, the entire thing was happening very fast. There were 5 other people there with their cameras so I had to take my shots as I had the chance. Hence why a lot of them are looking different ways.

We were literally there for 10-15min and headed back. So I was just so caught up in getting as many shots as I could, so long as they were sharp, and fixing it at home. We didn't have the time for me to take a shot, change some settings and take it again and on to the next pose.

I haven't burned the DVD for them yet, so this weekend I was going to take another pass at them with a fresh set of eyes.

6. Dwight Schrute

I guess my question is if you were in such a rush, why were you shooting manual? Why not set your camera in aperture priority mode, set your aperture to control the DOF, and shoot. The exposure probably would have been perfect.

7. mojito

mojito New Member

I love gray grass and leaves

8. Devin

Devin New Member

weddings = bright colorful suff. Selective coloring works great for events like this but, not that type of shot. Just personal opinion.

9. Dwight Schrute

Gotta agree with these guys. Gray grass and leaves just looks weird.

10. DeepRun™

DeepRun™ Guest

I was bouncing between that and aperture priority just to try different things to see how they came out.

There's another shot in full color. Dunno if it's in the batch.

11. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

:werd:

very spring like.

12. TomDlgns

TomDlgns OT Supporter