MMA That was one of the worst PPV's I've seen *spoilers*

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by joechunkybutt2, Apr 16, 2006.

1. joechunkybutt2

joechunkybutt2 New Member

I have no problem with the fights going to decision, but some of those fights were so boring. I expected so much more from sherk and monson in their fights. Tito really pissed me off, I thought he was just messing with forrest and tiring him out in the 2nd round so he could wail again on the third round, but he just stood there counter punching (yes he was fighting far better then forrest, but it wasn't fun to watch). And i got so pissed when I saw AA swing like that, it was basically a haymaker, his hands were completely down and he just moved his head right into Sylvia completely un covered.

I just got angry and upset. Evan tanner's triangle was fun to watch, and karo is always fun but they were whatever i don't know, just agree with my kthybye.

2. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

cry me a river :crying:

[​IMG]

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

:UFC:

This is why I almost exclusively watch pride, with the exception of the ufc events on Spike tv if there's nothing else on.

4. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

i thoght the PPV was awesome...the energy for TIto vs griffin was crazy...grreat fights for the most part

5. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

i thought it was pretty dope. at the very least this was a ground breaking event due to the fact that it was the first major mma event ever held in the state of CA. you have no idea the amount of committment & dedication put forth by the top representatives in the MMA community (both ufc & pride) to pull off such a production in this asshat politically correct.

so cal threw down major love ( & hate :mamoru: ) for tito.

sylvia represented the true underdog :mad:

tanner ressurrected his career.

Great Show :bowdown:

6. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

styles make fights and the monson fight was wash just looking at them on paper, Forrest I think should have one or at least a draw, AA pissed me off becasue I dont like silvia and he sould have won it.

7. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

the tito forrest fight was pandemonium :bowdown:

8. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I thought it was a good show.

Maybe its cause I don't mind watching what a lot of ppl would call "boring" fights like Monson vs Cruz. It wasn't the fastest paced fight in the world but its not like they just stood there and did nothing either.

All the fights were pretty darn good.

And I thought Sherk vs Diaz was awesome, Sherk was fkn explosive as hell, he landed some great combos. I love his peek a boo fighting style, I didn't think he could make a transition for it in mma due to the small gloves and all but it was a great fight imo.

9. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

apart from the first round i thought tito forrest was lacklustre, for all the screaming and showmanship in between rounds both of them didn't look that good.

Forrests striking looked much worse than before.

Worst thing PPV wise was showing monson vs cruz as the first fight. Now that was horrible, almost made me want to turn off.

10. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

The Monson-Cruz fight was only poor because they didn't let 2 of the best submission fighters in the UFC work their game, I was PISSED AS HELL at Big John for acting so pre-mature, then the crowd was booing?!?! Are you F'in kidding me? That is problem with bringing a sport like this into a new place, most people just don't get it, they just go to see bloodshed if they are new and lack the understanding of what MMA really is.
    I don't know, I was really pissed about that. Then I got even more more mad when I watched Tito fight. I mean he BROUGHT it the 1st round and then? Did he gas out? He went into protect mode like he did against Chuck. What the hell? Am I going crazy or did I see him just sit back and try counter punch? All he talked was, "I am going to make him wish he never got in the ring", ask me and I would say as sloppy as Forest was, HE BROUGHT it, he was gun shy the first round, but he brought the game he always brings the other 2 rounds. He said it though, had Tito not got the take down it would have been his match.
    I hate Sylvia, and the fact that he won made me lose ALL interest in the heavyweight class in UFC. huge dumb flippin goon is the champ, I mean Arlovski just got a bit too anxious after he put him down but no way in hell Sylvia is a top heavy weight in the world. I WISH, oh gosh I WISH, he would go take one fight in Pride against any top heavyweight. Just to take away all his pride, make him feel like the dumbass he is. Well I guess Brandon Vera has the next shot in my opinion.

Overall though, I mean what do you expect? This is fighting, and fighting is unpredictable and as frusterated as I was at times it was a good show overall.

11. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

^
    |
    I agree with what's above. Especially regarding the heavy weight fight, I too hate Sylvia with a passion. Regarding the PPV I think it was pretty damn good, some really entertaining fights despite a couple seemingly boring matches (Sherk/Diaz). But even those had some good qualities about them and everyone at the bar I was watching the matches at was real into the action, along with my roommates and me. Maybe it was the booze but I thought this was definitely worth my five bucks cover and my eight dollar personal pitcher.

12. matsuya

matsuya Active Member

i thought it was good. better than the past few ufc ppv's.

13. JustGod

JustGod New Member

I thought it was a great event. It had everything one could ask for except for the Monson fight, which I didn't think was too bad. It had close decisions, hard fights, shocking victories, and some hard fighting. Very solid. :dunno: